ChApTeR-9❤️

"Paji, aap kya gusa ho merepe?" virat asked cutely. They had been in the car for 20 minutes now and apart from the conversation they had in the beginning, the car ride was pretty quiet.

"Nahi toh, kyu ?"

"Phir aap mujhse baat kyu nahi kar rahe ho? " Virat whined again.

"Koi baat nahi h. I'm just concentrating on my driving."

"Oh theeke." virat said sadly as he still wasn't convinced that Sachin pa was telling him the truth. In reality, Sachin was worried. If he had been a minute late, God knows what could have happened to the kid. The other kids were way bigger than him. What if they had seriously hurt him?
Also, what about the media? He had made big statements at the orphanage about how he would adopt him but what would happen when the media gets a hold of the news. They won't let the kid breathe even for a minute.

He looked to his side to see the kid sitting quietly with a pout.
"Tu muh phulake kyu baitha h? Bilkul tamatar jaise dikh raha h" he said pulling his cheeks.

"Mai tamatar jaise nahi dikhta!" Virat whined.

"Are mein bol raha hu na ki tu waisa hi dikh raha hai"he said teasing the kid more. He freed one hand from the steering wheel to tickle the kid and was quiet satisfied with himself when that elicited a giggle from the former.

"Aap sachi mein gussa nahi ho?" Virat asked cutely.

"Nahi baba, I'm not angry at you. Just promise me one thing?"

"Kya paaji? "

"Never ever lie to me about your well being to me ever again. Okay? I want to know even if you get the smallest scratch or the lightest of the headache. You never hide that from me okay?"

"Okie paaji" Virat replied feeling a bit overwhelmed. All his life, no one had bothered to ask him how he was and here was his idol who had not even known him for a week, was doing so much for him.

"Promise kar"

"I promise paaji, I will never hide anything from you. "

Sachin smirked at the kid and ruffled his hair and he parked his car outside the house.

"Andar chalna hai ya gaadi ke andar hi rehna hai tujhe? " Sachin asked Virat as he saw him make no move to get out of the car.

"Aap lejao?"

"Pura bacha hai tu" he muttered as he got to the other side of the car and lifted Virat in his arms. He couldn't help but notice how light the kid was. He took Virat to his room.

"Ab yeh bata, tujhe kahi chot lagi h?"

Virat was going to say no but them he remembered his promise to Sachin pa. "Ha woh jaha Karan ne laat mara tha waha dard ho raha hai and my back is also aching."

"Dikhayo." Sachin said as he slowly lifted the pant of the leg and he saw a bruise forming. He muttered a curse and applies some numbing cream at the spot. He saw that the kiddo's eyes were drooping so he adjusted the pillows for Virat to lie down.

"Sleep, kiddo. I'll be here when you wake up." he muttered as he carefully tucked the kid in. He waited patiently occasionally patting the kid's back or head to lull him to sleep and as soon as he slept, he skunked away.

He made sure to be really quiet and quietly closed the door. He drove away silently to the orphanage with the papers.

He tried calling his besties on his way back from the orphanage but it went directly to voice mail. "They must actually be sleeping" he thought to himself. Dealing with Yuvi, Mahi and Rohit along with the other kids would no doubt be draining. He stared at the papers in his hand. In the corner, was his sign. His hands were steady when he was signing the papers at the warden's office. But now, they were shaking. What if he did everything wrong? The kid had suffered enough already.... What if he added on to it? Could he really take care of a 17 year old? Hell, he could hardly take care of himself. And what of the media? Will they make his ward's life a circus? What is he going to tell his other kiddos?

He slowly made his way back home with all these thoughts lurking in his head. He went inside the room to see Virat sleeping peacefully still in the bed but he had managed to shift himself into a weird gymnastics position, with his head almost off the bed.

"Virat, kiddo? Theek se soja" he muttered as he tried to straighten his stiff body only for his legs to harshly hit the bed but much to his amusement, the kid didn't even react to that. He just turned to the other side an slept again. Sachin made himself comfortable next to him and pulled him to cuddle.

He woke up two hours later because of the continuous buzzing of the phone . He picked up the phone to see a few missed calls from some banks asking for life insurance, some messages from his old friend groups and of course a missed call from his besties.

He quickly called them back and the call was answered just as quickly.

"Oyi Sach, sorry we didn't mean to ghost you but you know these kids right? Subhah, shaam jab dekho ladte rehte hain. Pata nahi inka kga kare. Chal tu bol, kyu bulaya? "
Sachin has a lot to say to that question, for example-

"Kyu? Mujhe ab tumhe bulane ke liye special permission lena padega? "
Or
"Agar tum logone abse mera phone first ring par nahi attend kiya toh mein tumhara friendship status revoke kardunga. "
Or the classic
'"Mujhe tumse baat nahi karna"
But only a sentence came out of my mouth-
"I adopted Virat "he admitted in a low voice. Virat was still sleeping after all that.

"YOU DID WHAT? " both the besties yelled. "This is going to be a long day he thought to himself and decided to go with the flow.