ChApTeR - 47❤️

Pain. That's all Glenn could comprehend when he came back to consciousness. He looked to his right to see Virat slumped on the floor, covered in blood, crying.

"Virat?" he asked concerned.

"Maxi! You're awake! Oh God! They hit you so much! I thought you would not wake up!" Virat cried trying to move towards Glenn. And then suddenly, it all hit Glenn. They had gone out to buy ice cream when suddenly, Virat was surrounded by all those creepy men. He hadn't really thought. As soon as they had dragged Virat inside the van, he had jumped in as well.

"Don't move. You'll hurt yourself more." Glenn scolded Virat who was still trying to come closer to him. He himself, felt paralysed.

"All this happened because of me!" Virat cried.

"Hey, hey! No! I knew about this. And I still chose to be your friend. So this one is on me ok? And I don't regret a second of our friendship." Glenn tried to comfort.

"You were unconscious for so long!" Virat cried.

"How long exactly have I been unconscious?" Glenn asked.

"Three days." Virat answered finally making his way to Glenn.

"What? Virat, tell me everything!" Glenn urged.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Virat was happy to be finally out of the room. He hated being stuck at a place for so long.

"Bhaiyya, I don't know which one I should buy!" Virat whined to Vishal bhaiyya.

"Bhaiyya?" Virat asked when he got no reply in response.

He felt people come closer to him and Glenn and Vishal bhaiyya moved closer to him. After that everything was a blur. A van pulled over and someone inside grabbed him. He kicked and bit trying to get the other person to leave him. But the other person was way stronger and easily pulled him in. He vaguely remembered Maxi and Vishal bhaiyya shouting. And then someone knocked him out. The last thing he heard was a gunshot and a lot of cries.

The next time, he opened his eyes, he was in a room.

"Oh, so the sleeping beauty is finally awake!" he heard a voice exclaim.

"Professor Jyran?" Virat asked.

"Yup." he said with a smug smile.

"What do you want from us?" Virat asked.

"Well, I wanted something from you. Mr. Maxwell here, decided to invite himself as a plus one." he said smiling.

"As for what I want from you, I just want you to sign these papers." He said throwing some papers in his direction.

"What is this?" Virat asked.

"Land agreement papers." he answered simply. Virat just looked at him confused.

"Why would I sign these?"

"Because it is in your name?" Jyran said like it was the most normal thing. Virat still looked confused.

"You are not very bright. Are you? Look, long story short, I wanted land to grow my business.  Your dad did not agree. So I killed him."

"You killed my parents?" Virat asked broken.

"Yes. Keep up!" Jyran snapped.

"Gee I wonder why his parents did not give you their land so you could sell drugs. A contract between a drug dealer and a lawyer, I would have loved to see it." Maxwell said from the background sarcastically.

"Who asked you to speak?" one of the guards asked as he struck Maxi hard.

"Maxi!" Virat cried.

"Oh, so he's your weak spot, eh? Boys! Keep beating him up!"

"No don't!" Virat cried.

"You know what? We'll stop. After you sign those papers! Happy belated real birthday, mate!" Jyran said smugly.

"No, Virat! Don't! They'll kill you and your family! Don't sign those papers!" Maxi said.

"Shut that boy up!" Jyran yelled at his men and the men kept hitting Maxi.

Maxi, on his part, kept mum not wanting to give his tormentors the satisfaction of seeing him in pain. From the corner of his eyes, he could see the men beating Virat as well. That's the last thing he remembered before he closed his eyes.

-----------------------------------------------------------

"And it has been five days since that?" Maxi asked. Virat just nodded his head.

"Good to see you boys awake again!" Jyran exclaimed as he walked into the room.

"Now, about the papers - "

"Are you a broken tape record or something? We have been telling you from the first day that he is not going to sign any of your damn papers!" Maxi yelled.

"Well then, I was going to be nice. But you guys just don't want it! Boys!" he called out and his men came out again hitting both of them over and over again.

"Just sign the darn papers already! This will be over sooner, boys!" Jyran said smugly.

"No." Virat replied.

"Well, in that case, I think I'll finish it anyway." he said pointing his gun at Maxi. Maxi gathered all of his strength and smiled at Virat.

-----------------------------------------------------------

"I don't think so, Jyran!" Virat heard a voice. It was Vikas bhaiyya! That means they had been found! They were safe. Kind of.

"Well, here comes the under cover detective to the rescue." he said sarcastically. "Is your brother dead?"

"Well, you see, of you wanted to kill my brother, you should have hired a real hitman and not an intern you found on the streets. Your men might be the only ones who shoot from such a close range but fail to kill." Vikas bhai jibed.

"But still, you are an idiot to walk in here alone." Jyran jibed back. "Your brother is alive, but I'll kill you."

"Who said he is alone?" another voice came. And soon, half of the police force had come inside.

"Your game is over Jyran! " Vikas bhaiyya saod sternly.

"I wish you have a bad journey, you good for nothing, piece of shit!" Glenn jibed once he saw the cops hand cuffed his tormenter.

"You know you talk a lot!" Jyran hissed. No one but Virat saw Jyran grip a knife and so he gathered all his strength and jumped between Jyran amd Maxi just as Jyran lunged at Maxi.

"Virat!" Maxi yelled holding Virat so that he wouldn't fall down.

"It's ok! You won't let anything happen to me right? " Virat asked feebly.

"You'll be perfectly fine, I promise." Maxi whispered. Virat smiled and closed his eyes and Maxi tightened his hold on Virat's hands.

He would absolutely not let anything happen to his friend. But the world started blurring in front of his eyes. He tried to fight away the person who tried to take Virat away from him.

"It's ok! It's just me!" he heard a voice. He knew that voice. It was Vikas!

Maxi just nodded and handed Virat to Vikas. They were safe now. That was his last thiufht as his eyes closed too.

And then he heard a gunshot.