ChApTeR-36❤️

He still remembered thay day. He was very happy when he had first heard that his aunt (now mom) was pregnant. He and Yuvi had accompanied their dad to the hospital amd almost three hours later, their parents called them inside the room.

"He is tiny!" Yuvi exclaimed as soon as he saw the baby who was all wrapped and cuddled up in their parent's arms to which the parents just chuckled.

"He's a new born, silly! Obviously he's tiny!"
Mahi said exasperatedly to his twin.

"Ohk boys! So you have any name in particular for the baby to have-"

"Oh yes! I have a lot of names for the baby!"
Yuvi exclaimed excited.

1.Yadav
2.Yajat
3.Yashas
4.Yousuf
5.Yash

"You just searched that from google!" Mahi protested.

"Obviously, I did! Abhi phir naam banane baith jaata kya?" Yuvi replied.

"Lekin agar uska naam 'y' se shuru hua, toh uska roll no. end mein aayega!" Mahi would definitely not lose this argument.

"Mahi beta, do you have any suggestions?" their mom interrupted knowing that this could end in a fight between these two.

"Yes I do." Mahi said proudly and read out the names.

1.Madhav
2.Manan
3.Manik
4.Maahir
5.Manish

"You're only saying that because of they start with the  same letter as your name!" Yuvi argued again.

"You did the same thing!"Mahi accused.

" Boys!" Prem uncle interrupted half exasperated and half at awe of how easily the boys could start fighting.

"We have thought of a name for him." their mom interrupted.

"What is it?" Mahi and Yuvi both demanded.

"Rohit" their parents replied. The baby too smiled when he heard the name.

"Thats a good name. Look, he likes the name!" Mahi squealed when he saw Rohit smile.

"Would you boys like to hold him?" their parents asked.

"What if we drop him?" Yuvi asked nervously.

"You won't." Prem uncle answered. "You know why?" Prem uncle said looking at their confused expressions.

"Because you guys will be his elder brothers. The one he will turn to whenever in doubt." their mom continued.

"That's a big responsibility!" Mahi said looking at his parents.

"Yes,it is. You won't get it right at the first go too. It will take time. But the trust and respect between you guys will keep growing."

"You'll be with us right?" Mahi asked.

"We'll be with you at your every step." their dad reassured.

Mahi and Yuvi looked at them with tears in their eyes.
Mahi finally took Rohit into his arms.

"I will always protect and take care of you." he cooed to the baby.

"Me too." Yuvi added as he put a hand on Mahi's shoulder while the parents watched on proudly.
-----------------–-----------------------------------------

A twelve year old Mahi was standing in the terrace looking up at the sky.

"I told you to not make promises you can't keep!" he yelled out at the sky.

"You promised me you'll be there. Both of you! Both of you lied to me! You said you'll be there with me whenever I'm hurt! You lied! I'm hurt and neither of you are here!" Mahi was breathing heavily after screaming.

"Why did you leave me?" he asked more vulnerably. "I hope atleast the two of you are happy up there." he continued sadly. "I miss you and I love you." he admitted quietly.

He came back to the room and saw Yuvi and Ro watching a movie. He looked at him silently for a while and quietly said to himself.

"I'll keep you safe. Even you little human. I never saw you. God, I didn't even know you existed.. But I love you and I hope we can find you soon." he said as he joined his siblings for the movie.

-----------------------------------------------------------"You never told me!" Yuvi exclaimed softly.

"I couldn't bear for you to be sad. You or Rohit. It was just so much for me! You guys and your little laughs and pranks were what kept me from going insane." Mahi answered honestly.

"I should have known! What kind of twin am I?" Yuvi said blaming himself for not being there for his twin.

"You're the best kind of twin, Yuvi. Like I said, you were the one who kept me going! You kept my mind at ease. So don't go down that road of self loathing!" Mahi admonished.

"Okay, but promise me,if something like this happens in the future, you'll talk to me? You'll not hide from me?" Yuvi demanded.

"I promise." Mahi answered as he pulled his twin into a hug.

"I was thinking we should contact Vishal bhaiyya and Vikas bhaiyya."Mahi said after some time.

"Kyun?" Yuvi asked confused. After the emotional moment,he wanted to go back to sleep.

"Sabse zyada information toh un dono ke paas hi hoga! Though I'm 99% sure ki Virat is our long lost little brother, like you said, I need to confirm facts before we tell him. We need to tell Sach pa also." Mahi bhai said as a way of explanation.

"Seriously?  Can't we just tell them?" Yuvi adked confused.

"Yeah sure, why not! Lets go up to the kid who thought thay he was an orphan for 17 years of his life and tell him that his whole life has been a lie! " Mahi bhai replied equally irritated that seemed to reduce Yuvi pa's irritation a little bit.

Just then, they heard a noise outside the door. They look at each other and slowly go towards the door to open it and see Sach pa, dada and Jammy bhai standing right outside the door. By the looks on their face, it looked like they had been standing there for some time.

"How much did you hear?" Yuvi asked nervously. Even Mahi did not look too sure. This was definitely not how they wanted the news to be out.

"Enough." Dada said monotonously.

"Sach pa, wo-" Mahi tried to explain but Sach pa just pulled him and Yuvi into a hug.

"I understand." Sach pa assured them. "Just too much to take in such a short time... Call your sources."

"Wait, so you're cool with it?" Mahi bhai asked. Honestly, he had expected an even more emotional reaction.

"I know how hard you guys tried to find him. The least I can do for you guys is to let you reunite. But he will be my kid,always. I always thought that there was something about him that attracted me to him. Just like I can't say to you guys, I can't say no to that kid also. It's a family charm,looks like." Sach pa answered teasingly..

"Group hug!" Yuvi pa squealed as everyone chuckled and shared a group hug.