Chapter 5: Winterfell

A week passed since the Battle of the Bastards. Sansa more than enjoyed the sight of Ramsay's starving hounds picking over the remains of his limbs. She'd never forget the way he wailed, just in the way she'd never forget the way she did when he broke her in. It wasn't enough to erase all the pain she endured but it was a great start. She felt that knowing that one of her enemies was no longer around to torment her she could sleep better. The dreams she'd been having about the blonde seemed to disrupt that sleep occasionally. She'd wake up completely wet, and not just on her forehead, calling the woman's name so loudly, that one time she genuinely feared the idea of Brienne hearing her.

Sansa easily slipped back into the mechanics of Winterfell like slipping into a glove. And all within a week, things changed. Jon was appointed King of the North by the people, but then left two days later. He had traveled South to meet with Daenareys, the woman they needed to recruit if they wanted to survive the fight against the dead. Making Sansa the head of the house while he was away. Lord Baelish snaked around the place dropping his unwarranted knowledge in where he could. Pod was pretty bruised up from the battle. He spent a few days with the Maester then Brienne had him back on his feet practicing for the fight against the dead. This left the two women with little time to talk, to enjoy the thrill of enjoying each other's company in ways that felt forbidden, as more than just an oath to fulfill.

This truly bothered Sansa being that the last time they spoke, it seemed as if Brienne was going to kiss her. It bothered Brienne just as much because, well she really was going to kiss her. There was just too much preparation that needed to be done before they could address what they both so deperately wanted to happen, so they avoided each other. Until today. Brienne and Pod were training in the sparring grounds of Winterfell, which just so happened to be fairly close to the bedchambers Lady Stark slept in. She walked along the balcony spotting Brienne and Pod. Her eyes lit up in excitement. 

She watched Brienne swing her sword down against Podricks harshly. The sight sent a rushing feeling to Sansa, one that fighting never gave her. Her mind quickly traveled to the dream she had last night. She gripped the wooden handrail tightly as she closed her eyes. Her black leather gloves protected her hand from the icy coldness of the snow that piled up on it. Lost in a world of sexual lust, the girl bit her lip as she tried to reel herself back to real life. Luckily, or maybe not so luckily, Lord Baelish entered her presence now bursting the bright pink bubble Sansa found herself floating away in.

"What do you want, Littlefinger" Sansa said, clearly bothered by his presence.

"I just wanted to know how the Queen of Winterfell is settling back home" Lord Baelish smiled slyly. "Is there anything you need, I could get it for you"

"I'm not the Queen and peace and quiet would have sufficed, but I guess this will have to do" Sansa replied.

Brienne could see the dark energy that loomed over Baelish with her eyes closed and her back turned. She stopped Podrick from a moment now turning her attention to Lady Stark and the man she despised. She couldn't help but be consumed by the agitation their conversation brought. She continued to spar with Podrick, trusting her peripheral vision to keep tabs on them. Pod picks his sword up off the ground, getting back into position to fight while too noticing the man and the lady Brienne was sworn to protect.

"Your mother would be proud to see her little girl ruling over Winterfell." Littlefinger continued.

"It's only temporary. Let's not get too excited" Sansa spoke.

"It doesn't have to be You take precedence over a bastard. Everyone knows that." Baelish spoke, revealing his plan.

"Silly concepts like those don't hold well in the North. Jon has earned both their loyalty and their trust. He'll be a good king" Sansa responded through gritted teeth.