Chapter 19: Heir to Evenfall

Brienne's whitish-blonde hair flowed through the breeze whe created as she stormed through the halls of the castle in search of her father. She held the pommel of her sword with her right hand, tightening the already deathly grip she had on it. Her pale skin was tinted red, her eyebrows scrunched together, and her breath resembling a wolfs. It seemed that her time spent in the North with Queen Sansa Stark was beginning to rub off on her. Brienne shoved past the guard outside of her fathers meeting chambers before kicking the  doors open. Her eyes scanned the room before finally settling in on the target. The woman was seeing red. She drew her sword completely, now q at standing over her father with her freshly nl p.  sharpened blade pressed up against his throat. His blue eyes connected with hers in a slow stiff manner, the man didn't say a word.

"I'm going to talk, and you're going to listen or I swear I will cut you down faster than I did the Hound" Brienne gritted through her teeth.

Her father nodded in agreement.

"That little boy, our brother that you keep hidden in some random shack on the isle. He is going to start living here, as a Tarth. Send a raven to King's Landing and request he be legitimized by order of King Brandon. He will be your successor as Lord of Evenfall, and you are going to love and raise him better than you did the five of us combined. As for Rilley and Ilizabeth, they are going to do as they please. Stay here, come to Winterfell with Sansa and I, marry a blacksmith, or not marry at all. And you . . ." She trailed off now pressing the blade against his neck.

Three small streams of blood began to drip down his neck as he winced in pain. Brienne watched as he struggled to fight the panic. But she could see it forming in his eyes and they turned to a dark stormy shade of blue.

"Or what?" Lord Selwyn bluffled

Brienne grinned before pulling her sword away from his neck. She acted as if she was going to put it away before suddenly lifting it into the air. She grunted as she swung down with all her might, striking the table her father sat at. She struck it so hard that a vibrating jolt shook back up the sword and stung her hands. The table let out a long eerie creek before splitting in half and collapsing to the floor. Lord Selwyn's head shot in the direction of the broken table. He noticed a small pool of red staining the broken pieces of wood that rest on the floor. That's when his gaze turned to his hand. He lifted up his hand, staring blankly at the empty space where his fingers used to be. Blood gushed from the missing limbs then he began to scream. Brienne wanted to cut off his entire hand, but she figured a few fingers would be enough for now. His screams grew louder now, alerting the knight outside of the room. He came in with his sword drawn, and Brienne faced him ready to fight back.

"Ser Lonnie, it's alright. I'm fine" Lord Selwyn panicked while intervening.

"Lord Tarth, you're bleeding. I'll fetch the Maester" Ser Lonnie exclaimed before leaving the room.

"Looks as if you've only got a few minutes to decide how you wish to proceed. You're going to comply, and if I find that after I leave you've gone back on it. I'll . . . Well I'll have plenty of time to think of all the horrid things I'll do to you on my journey back" Brienne threatened him.

"Okay, okay. Fine. But the boy is a bastard, he can't be-" Lord Selwyn finally gave in.

"Send the raven to King Brandon Stark like I told you to. He will do as I've said." Brienne informed Lord Selwyn.

The Maester and Ser Lonnie flooded the room in quite a hurry. They both tried their best not to stare at Brienne in wonder of what happened. She placed her slightly bloody sword back into its sheath before backing out into the hall. Adrenaline got her through the halls of the castle quickly as she headed back to private chambers where Sansa remained. She smiled through the breeze that brushed against her face as she sped through the castle. She was like a bird, like she was flying above the island, free from the constraints of man. After failing to protect so many people she swore to give her life for, Brienne was just starting to feel hopeless when she finally found Sansa fleeing in the woods. Now she was able to save her sisters and her family name, all thanks to the craft of swordsmanship. Brienne was finally aware of just how much she could actually do. She entered the bedroom without knocking, not that she had to but just as a fair warning to Sansa.