Chapter 58: Castle Cerwyn

Sansa pulled down the rectangular flap built into the wall of the carriage. It worked like a window, and was about half a foot in height and four in width. The concept was constructed for taking in the scenery, so highborn passengers wouldn't have to lift more than a finger to remain aware of the distance remaining towards their destination.

Her eyes peeked through the slit taking in the stillness of the clear river that ran all the way from Winterfell, past Castle Cerwyn and inevitably down into the sea past White Harbor. The small ripples of the stream moved in opposition to the Queen's direction, calmly and quietly. The sound of its gentle faucet-like flow paired elegantly with the subtle wind and rustles of the trees, which left Sansa helped to subside some of the anger that lingered within.

Brienne sat on the plush seat across from her wife, silently watching as she enjoyed the comfort of the river. She admired the way the orange, pink, and purple splashes in the sunset sky reflected onto her wifes porcelain skin. The way it warmed her pale tone and bright auburn hair, rendering her as effortlessly gorgeous as she always was.

"You are extraordinary," Brienne said, leaning over to place a hand on top of her knee. She rubbed her thumb back and forth between the smooth silk and the rough chiffon that fell over the Queen's legs.

"This isn't the time for that, my love," Sansa said dismissively.

"What ever do you mean?" Brienne replied in a playful tone.

"I'm serious,"

"Alright, can I just have one kiss?" She pouted.

Sansa leaned forward now tugging on Brienne's armor where it gapped over her collarbone to pull her in for a kiss. For a moment she imagined they were elsewhere. Possibly in the comfort of their own chamber, or in the meeting chambers where they finally managed to sneak in some alone time for the day. Just as she moved to pull away Brienne reached out and grabbed her waist, pulling the wailing redhead into her lap as they both laughed at Sansa's flailing arms.

"Bri!"

"What? I just wanted you to sit in my lap," Brienne said before pecking a kiss onto her cheek.

"Are you trying to flatter me, Lord Commander?" She smirked.

"Is it working, Your Grace?" Her hand moved down Sansa's back and over her butt where she squeezed it abruptly.

"Your Grace!" Sansa gasped fakely.. "Our present situation is hardly appropriate for this sort of behavior,"

"Well, I disagree," She grinned, "Can I have another kiss now?"

Sansa rolled her eyes before obeying her wife's request. She sat with her arms wrapped around Brienne's neck, and her legs resting on the rest of the open seating as she leaned in to kiss her again. Brienne snaked her arms around Sansa's waist, connecting them like links to a chain as she began to leave a trail of kisses on Sansa's neck.

"Are you through?" She asked.

"No," Brienne replied simply before attacking her neck again. Sansa squirmed and laughed, pretending like she wanted to break free from the grasp when in actuality, Birenne's lap was one of her favorite places to sit. An overactive imagination can guess a few others. "Now I am through,"

"My mind must remain clear and pure upon our arrival. Your kisses and roaming hands do not serve to make that any easier," Sansa complained.

"I know I just hoped it would relax you. I can tell you've been thinking about it since the very moment it happened," Brienne paused, "Do you regret killing them?"

Although Brienne was the one who swung the sword, her wife passed the sentence. She remained unsure as to whether or not Sansa felt guilt about killing the Cerywns, but having spent the past few hours in almost complete silence, she could tell something was irking her mind. Sansa shifted around, still remaining in the comfortable seat that is her wifes lap, before she answered.