Chapter 38: For I Am Her's and She Is Mine.

The winds settled mercifully as nightshade grew upon Winterfell. While the sun crept to the side of the world, its warm radiant glow went to. A harsh chill settled into the thinning air, threatening the life of anyone brave enough to sit in it for too long. Even in a setting with such grim appearances, the Old Gods blessed the town with love, filling the hearts of many on this special day. After months of impatient waiting, the Queen's wedding day had finally arrived. Winterfell's commoners danced throughout the narrow condensed street of the village just outside of the East Gate for hours.

Mothers and Fathers allowed their children to play a little longer. The merchants closed their shops and stands early,and  the whores shorted their income as they finished their clients off quicker than usual. All in favor of Her Grace's wedding ceremony. After being handed personal invitations to the largest wedding the North had ever seen, the people scrambled throughout the village in preparation. Even the men put an immense amount of effort towards wearing the most presentable thing they owned in presence of the Queen. By midday, the people were ready to fill white of the Godswood.

Sansa in front of the vanity in her chamber, perched up nervously as she looked into the mirror. She looked at the light pink blush Lena had powdered onto her pale porcelain cheeks, then to her hair which flared wildly as it waited to be tamed. She took a deep analysis of her reflection. The voice in her head grew louder as it struck up a conversation with her. Sansa didn't anticipate being nervous on her wedding day.

The Queen had finally found a love that felt so pure and right, and was more than prepared to exude that before all of Winterfell today, so why couldn't she shake this unsettling feeling? Something about the stillness of the room, the low grumling voices coming from outside the walls, the way all the slight breeze whipped the flames of the candles back and forth suggested that maybe something wasn't quite right.

Lena and Maedalyn watched the Queen from across the room in complete silence. They crossed their hands behind their backs elegantly standing stiller than the Unsullied as they awaited commands from the Queen. Sansa rose from her chair now  turning to the women before speaking.

"I'm ready" A light smile grew on her face.

The handmaids broke from their hold. Lena zipped to the wardrobe, fetching the Queen's gown, as Lena tossed a few more logs into the dying light of the firepit. Sansa drew another deep breath, waiting anxiously in the midst of the room. Her eyes began to trail the room from right to left. The large old bed frame that once belonged to her parents sat pressed up against the wall. It's wood was stained black, had four short posts at each corner, and a headboard that climbed halfway up the tall castle walls. The faint knicks indented along the bottom rail revealed both its wear and age as it sent her mind back to memory of those she missed most. As the mind so conveniently tends to do on special occasions.

Lena gently laid the gown on the bed, preparing it so the Queen would be able to easily slide into it. Her stomach grew as big as it was going to get, signaling to the Maester that she was due any day now. Sansa was about as ready as any first time mother could be. Both women assembled by the Queen, each grasping a side of the dress lifting it over her head for the Queen to slide her arms into. They tugged at the dress making it fall gently down to her feet. Maedalyn moved to Sansa's back side, now beginning to tighten the dress to perfection by its laces. Lena grabbed the over sleeves for the gown. It slipped up her arm, now connected to the shoulders of her gown in two easy knots. After constructing its parts into one final look the women stepped away from the Queen.  Their faces beamed in awe as the Queen spun in a full circle.

The creamy white woolen gown was plastered with hand stitched weirwood tree leaves from the neckline to the bottom hem of the dress. Being that Sansa was put on bed rest two weeks prior to her wedding, it gave her plenty of time to finalize the concepts of the dress she drew up. The idea hit her like lightning, putting her idle fingers to work immediately.