Chapter 33: Twist And Shout

Sansa followed after her sister not wanting to be left alone with the Lord Commander just yet. As she walked up the stairs, she turned to look back towards Brienne. She read the expression on Brienne's face now realizing that her abrupt departure hurt her feelings. Sansa felt awful about shutting the woman out, especially because she didn't deserve it. She just needed more time to figure out how she could convincingly explain her innocence in all of this.The Queen's handmaidens helped Arya settle into her room while Sansa stood at the opposite end waiting for a free moment to speak with her sister.

"Seven hells, What's going on with you and why are you stalking me?" Arya questioned.

"I need to speak with you, privately" Sansa expressed nervously.

"We're in my private sleeping chamber" Arya eyes shifted around the room searching for another presence

"Just not here, please," Sansa pleaded.

Arya placed her things down before following Sansa out of the room. As she moved through the castle, a bittersweet feeling resonated inside her as she was reminded of her childhood here. She missed her brothers, her father, and her mother too. She was thankful that she still had her sister despite their somewhat difficult childhood. Arya's eyes wandered all over Winterfell seeing images of a smaller version of herself everywhere. The flapping sound of the sigil raised to the top of the castle caught her attention. She looked up to the sky, admiring the crowned wolf sigil. She was proud of her sister, her family name and everything she'd done for their home

The thought of family brought a young handsome dark haired man to the front of Arya's mind. Her heart practically sunk as she pictured the finality of seeing his face. She'd never forget the way she visibly saw his heart break when she told him she was finally leaving.. She felt guilty leaving him behind, hell she was leaving everyone behind, but she was determined to be in control of her own life.

Sansa brought the girl out to the Godswood, just before the uniquely eerie face of the weirwood tree. Arya hadn't been back here since she killed the Night King. It seemed all of Winterfell was taunting the girl with flashbacks of her life, which didn't help rid of the guilt boiling inside her. The Stark sisters sat with their backs against the rough bark of the tree and their bottoms a few feet apart. Sansa looked out towards the fields while Arya had a better view of the castle.

"Well, what did you bring me out here for?" Arya asked.

"Tell me about Storm's End first. How's Gendry, and Bran? What does Kings Landing look like these days?" Sansa tried to break the silence.

Arya fell silent sending a weird feeling down Sansa's back. Her sister was never quiet, not voluntarily at least. But Sansa had to remember that they really didn't know each other anymore, not with all the time they spent apart. Sansa turned her head slightly watching her sister fiddle with her fingers as she swayed her feet back and forth. The girl was very familiar with what distress looked like on a person because that's exactly how she had been feeling lately.

"Whatever it is, you can tell me. I'm here for you" Sansa placed a hand on top of Arya's.

Her sister gave her a small forced smile, one that resembles their father. Arya scooted closer to Sansa closing the gap of space between them. She hesitated to rest her head on her sister's shoulder. She couldn't remember the last time her and her system bonded physically. But right now, that didn't matter. Arya was in desperate need of genuine love and affection. She needed it more than she ever needed anything in life.

"I'm leaving Westeros" Arya finally said it outloud.

"What do you mean? Where are you going?" Sansa asked.