Chapter 12: King of The Six Kingdoms

Gendry, Arya, Bran, Sansa, Pod, and Brienne arrived at King's Landings yesterday night. They were told a meeting regarding the remaining lords and ladies of the country would be held to discuss a few different things in the morning. Now here they sat in chairs aligned in a shape that somewhat resembles a circle. They were sprawled out underneath three different red tents that were set up by the hosts in an attempt to block their guests from the harsh rays of the sun. Of all the time Sansa spent in King's Landing she never had a chance to see the dragonpit. The enclosure had to be a few hundred square feet. Its sand covered ground reminded Brienne of the island she was raised on. Despite there not being any water around, sand alway smelled like the salt of the sea. The walls were both broken and tall, the edges were jagged that Sansa imagined some of it crumbling down and crushing them. Everyone's heads twisted, taking in the sights of something gloriously historic as they waited for the meeting to begin. Fourteen different highborns sat together anxiously as they awaited to hear the future of their kingdoms. Sansa sat with Arya and Bran, feeling that they needed to be united when they fought for Jon's freedom. While Brienne sat on the other end, representing her house in place of her father who couldn't make it. It was weird for Brienne to feel like she was the head of her house, it was a duty she never wanted to take on.

"It pleases me to have us all joined together today, deciding the fate of the future" Lord Tully stood up and began to speak.

"Now I Edmure Tully, one of the many wonder Lords of the country, have survived much more than one can imagine. Two batt-" He continued but was interrupted.

"Uncle, please sit" Sansa interrupted him.

Lord Tully looked forward to his nephew, Ser Davos and another Lord to see them snickering at Sansa's words. He placed his hand on his sword to move it out of the way before sitting back down. Sansa and Arya glared at the man for a moment before turning their attention to the rest of the group.

"We have to choose someone" Ser Davos started the meeting.

"Well why just us?" Samwell Tarly, the new Lord of Horn Hill.

His father and brother were burned alive due to the madness of the Foreign Queen. Sam's comment caught the attention of the group, so he stood up.

"We represent all the great houses. But whoever we choose, they wont just rule over the lords and ladies. Maybe, the decision about what's best for everyone, should be left to . . . well everyone." Sam spoke optimistically.

There was a moment of silence before Ser Davos, Lord Tully and his nephew began laughing. Soon all the other Lords and Ladies were laughing except the ones who knew him well. Sam sat back down, feeling embarrassed about his suggestion. Sansa couldn't help but smirk at the comment, they felt as if they were above such an idea.

"Well I suppose you want the crown" Lord Tully looked towards Tyrion.

"Me? The Imp? Half the people hate me for serving Daenerys, the other half hate me for betraying her. I can't think of a worse choice" Tyrion rolled his eyes.

"Well who then?" Lord Tully questioned.

"I've had nothing to do but this these past few weeks. About the mistakes we've made, our history . . . what unites people? Armies? Gold? Sigils? Stories. There's nothing in the world more powerful than a good story, it can't be stopped or defeated. And who has a better story, then Bran the broken" Tyrion looked towards Bran.

Everyone's head shifted, Arya and Sansa had to adjust themselves in their own seats; they were so caught off guard.

"He fell from a high tower and lived. He learned to fly, crossed beyond the wall as a crippled boy, and returned the three eyed raven. He holds our memories, our stories, our wars, our weddings, our legacy. Who better to lead us into the future." Tyrion stated.