Chapter 11: Journey to King's Landing

Sansas eyes fluttered open to the old family painting that hung above the fireplace in her room. Her head slowly moved up and down, matching the rise and fall of Brienne's chest. The two had spent the night together. Nothing too intimate happened, just some cuddling and conversation. Afterall, there was a lot to discuss.. After Daenerys and her army stormed south to King's Landing, something inside her broke. She burned innocent women, elderly, and children as she rode on the back of her dragon spewing fire across the whole city. She succeeded in killing Cersei while also almost wiping out the entire population of King's Landing.

Daenerys eventually made her way to the throne, which didn't have a single non-scorched wall left standing to protect it. Jon went after her and stabbed her in the chest putting an end to a reign of terror before it truly began. They received the ravens news yesterday morning, and were set to leave today. Jon was now being held prisoner awaiting the punishment for his crimes, and the important Lord and Ladies of Westeros were summoned to discuss the next line of succession. Sansa was overwhelmed by the thought of anything bad happening to her brother. Given the Starks' history in the south, her fear for Jon's life wasn't completely irrational. Jon had done more than enough for Westeros, including killing the Mad Queen. That's how Sansa viewed it and she hoped they would see it that way too. She confided in Brienne late last night, resulting in them spending the night wrapped in each other's arms. The sun peeked through the glass window, now casting its warmth and light on the two women. Brienne's stirred awake now holding her hand in front of her eyes.

"Are you awake?" Brienne whispered groggily.

"Yes." Sansa replied simply.

"How are you feeling my love?" Brienne began to rub her hand up and down Sansa's back.

"I'm really glad I have you here with me" Sansa lifted her head off her chest.

She turned to look at the blonde woman who smiled at her. Sansa rose out of bed, her mind only thinking about one thing. Brienne moved the cover from over her legs, wanting to follow after the girl. But she knew she just needed some space.

"You know, I have two sisters," Brienne told Sansa.

"Really? I thought you were an only child. Where are they?" Sansa turned her attention to Brienne.

"They were kept secret for a reason. I also had older brothers, but they died at war." Brienne told Sansa.

"I'm sorry my love" Sansa apologized.

"It's alright. I remember when I was a little girl, and my second brother had just passed. My father walked onto our sparring grounds, he knelt down in front of me, and he said. 'Brienne, you can never marry, you understand. You need to keep the Tarth name alive my strong girl.'" Brienne recalled an incident.

"I always thought that was just him trying to cover up the facts that he already knew I would turn out to be unlovable. My mother was tall, so were my brothers, and the last time I saw my sisters they looked like they'd be tall too. I worried about them a great deal when I first left. I thought I was being too selfish for leaving my sisters with the responsibility of being the heir" Brienne spoke with her head low.

"Brienne. I love you with all of my heart. That sounds like quite the opposite of unlovable if you ask me" Sansa moved back to the bed.

"Then you must understand exactly how much you mean to me my love" Brienne kissed her forehead. "I'd do anything for you. Even if that means going against the new ruler. I'll do what it takes to save your brother."

"Let's hope it doesn't have to come to that. I can't lose both of you" Sansa smiled widely.

"And you won't" Brienne gave Sansa a very serious look.