thirty four; get out

It's dark. Too dark. I can feel the cool air cover my skin in goose bumps, a breeze coming off the small pool of water near me. Somewhere in the woods sits a small camper attached to a small car, lite up and obviously lived in. From the distance I can feel an animosity coming from the trailer, before the lights blink and go out. I jump slightly as the door opens and a man in a jacket appears, walking over to what looks like a generator just a few away.

Suddenly another man, covered in a full dark jacket and hood appears, speaking to the one that came from the camper.

Sean?

I feel chills rake my entire body as the delicate, but a fear filled voice flutters into my mind. I can feel it before it happens. That cold, hair standing up on the nape of your neck feeling. I take a step forward as the hidden face points up and a long reptilian tail comes down, wrapping around the neck of the other standing in front of him. Within seconds his body is ripped from the ground and taken from my view and I gasp as I catch view of the woman in the window of the camper.

The man abruptly points in her direction and without thought my feet move. I race against what feels like never ending time before ripping open the camper door. I jump as the limp body of the man is tossed through the window and her screams surround me. I try to race toward her, but it was like someone was locking me in place, feet unable to move. I watch as a scaled clawed hand reaches in. Slowly, the Kanima's body crawls over the broke glass on the table until he's cowering over the petrified woman.

My scream is frozen in my throat, and it seems as if neither of them are aware of my presence. I want nothing more to launch myself into the violence, especially once I see her pronounced baby belly.

She's pregnant.

But it seems like as soon as I take notice of this, so does the Kanima. I watched intently as he gazes as her belly, before turning and making direct eye contact with me.

The last thing I see are glowing reptile eyes before I burst.

I gasp and launch myself from the bed. What the hell was that? I wipe the tears from my face, trying to control my breathing. I feel my entire body covered in a cold sweat and in a feeble attempt to remedy the situation I stand and move towards the bathroom. Feeling unstable on my feet, I turn on the cold water before splashing some on my face. 

I continue to calm my rapid breathing as a single purple flower sitting on the edge of the sink catches my attention. Wolfsbane. I feel my eyebrows cross as I reach out in curiosity, but the sudden burn when my skin makes contact makes me yank my hand back. I look down to see the faint red burns on the pads of my thumb and forefinger before they slowly beginning to heal. I look back down to see the single flower replaced. 

By not two or three, but hundreds

Covering the entire counter then as I take a step back and feel a slight burn on my foot I realize they are on the floor surrounding me. I feel my mind beginning to slip as my pulse increases. I try to center myself with a deep breathe, focusing on my reflection in front of me. Until the face of Peter Hale standing behind me causes me to lose all the air in my lungs. I feel a tear escape my eyes as I stand frozen, his canines extended right over the spot he bit me. As if he is teasing me.

WAKE UP.

My entire body jolts up, covered in a fine sheet of sweat. I can feel my face covered in tears, but the burning sensation in my thigh distracts me from it. I hastily pull back the covers to see the blade end of my switchblade buried deep in my upper thigh. I wince, noticing the single small purple petal sitting along the wound. I grit my teeth and wrap my hand around the handle of the small blade before pulling it out. I stare with teary eyes as the blood stops and the healing process seems to begin. My gaze searches my room, but like usual there is not a single thing out of place.