seven; nine pounds

I stand next to Allison and Lydia in front of the dreaded Beacon Hills High School. I continuously glance at Lydia, as this is the first time I've seen her since she was found. I have such a strong urge to question her about her bite, why she ran away, and exactly what she is going through, but I know I can't. Stiles was apparently there when they found her, in the woods, freezing cold, and butt naked.

"You really don't remember anything?" I sigh relieved as Allison breaks the ice and asks the dreaded question.

Lydia shrugs lightly, fixing her hair, "They called it a fugue state, which is basically a way of saying 'We have no idea why you can't remember running through the woods naked for two days', but personally, I don't care. I lost nine pounds."

I raise my brow, impressed that she can just let this all roll of her shoulders, "That's a positive way to look at it."

We all stop as we stand in front of the metal doors leading into the hell hole, excuse me, high school. Allison glances at Lydia, but I feel her eyes rest on me, "Are you ready for this?"

I ignore her stare and instead look to Lydia as well. She forces a smile and moves to walk inside, "Please. It's not like my aunt's a serial killer."

I feel my face scrunch up in slight annoyance at her words. Even though I've started to get used to Lydia's lack of a filter, sometimes she can really strike a nerve. I follow the two inside, but stop when I notice everyone's eyes facing us. They all stop moving and I realize that it's not us they're starring at, but Lydia.

Allison moves slightly closer to her before whispering, "Maybe it's the nine pounds."

I let an airy laugh leave my lips at her words, but stop when I feel my phone vibrate in my pocket. I take it out and open a message from Stiles.

'Meet us on the field.'

I look back up to Allison and send her a small wave as I start to move backwards, "I've gotta run to my locker before class."

Before she can say anything I start down the hall and ignore the occasional glance from my fellow peers around me. I find my way to the back door and exit the building before walking to the field. I notice both Stiles and Scott sitting on the bench in their uniforms. I quickly drop down next to Stiles, making him jump.

"Seriously? Where you do you come fr-" he cuts himself off as he begins to stare at my shirt. I raise an eyebrow as I wait for him to continue. His eyes meet mine again and I hold back a laugh at the awestruck look on his face, "Are you wearing a Star Wars shirt? You like Star Wars?"

I slowly nod my head in response and he opens his mouth repeatedly, "Oh, my god. If you weren't already my best friend,
you definitely just made the cut."

I laugh and roll my eyes at his words, "Did you call me out here just to compliment me, or is there some other reason? You know, not that I mind the complimenting."

Scott leans forward, "There's another werewolf. I smelt him in the locker room."

My smile falls from my face and my eyes widen, "What?! Are you serious? Are you sure?"

I lean back and take in the information. If there's a new werewolf that means that Derek must have turned him. Why the hell wouldn't he tell me?

He nods rapidly, "It was kind of like a certain scent, but I couldn't tell who it was."

Stiles looks around at their other team members, "What if you can get him one-on-one? Would that help?"