eighteen; pool party

I walk silently onto the field and watch as the players endlessly bash into each other. I cringe and stop momentarily to watch the boys on the field hurt themselves further. I notice one body on the field is particularly larger than the rest--there is no way that guy is a teenager.

"Abigail!" I look to bench to see Stiles waving me over and I quietly maneuver behind couch and sit next to him. "Where have you been?"

I move my eyes back to the field and watch as another of our players gets taken down by the jolly green giant from the other team. I let out a wince as our player yells out in pain, "Oh, I just had to run home and get my jacket."

He sends me an unsure look, but I just smile back at him before my eyes catch something behind him. I notice Allison on the bleachers sitting next to Gerard. I also take notice of his jacket around her and her hand in the pocket. I smile even brighter now, realizing what she did.

That sly girl.

I grab Stiles's jersey and yank him up from the bench, making sure Gerard's eyes are still trained on the field. We walk silently past the bleachers and as we pass Allison, she lets to the keys slide from her fingers into mine.

I turn to walk towards the building, but a shoulder meeting mine stops me. I quickly hide the keys in my own pocket, and turn to give whoever the hell just bumped into me, a nasty comment.

"Oh, hey," I stare at the kid in front of me for a long second, trying to make a name to his face, but I can't remember it.

Mike, maybe?

I notice the camera in his hands and realize that he most likely rarely doesn't have one. He sends me an uneasy smile, "You probably don't remember me, but we met the other day. I'm Matt."

I feel my face express my realization at his words, "Matt! Yes, I remember, you were standing by locker the other day."

I look to Stiles and see him staring at Matt with an unsure look on his face.

Yeah, Stiles, I feel the same way.

Matt's eyes don't leave me as he ignores Stiles behind me. "So, I was wondering-"

I nervously move the keys around in my pocket as he begins to talk, but Stiles quickly cuts him off, "Listen, we have to go, but I'm sure Abby would love to catch up with you later."

I send Matt an apologetic look as Stiles grabs my hand and we start off to the school in front of us. I turn back one last time when a glimpse of light catches my eyes, only to see Matt starring down at his camera.

"So, that was weird." Stiles's words come out breathlessly as we continue to half jog, half run to the school.

I nod along with him agreeing, "Yeah, I've literally met the kid once. He always gives me this weird vibe," I notice Stiles stopped running and his eyes are trained on a car nearby. A very familiar car, oh god.

I notice his eyes race between the school and the car in front of us multiple times before landing on the car, "Stiles, wait,"

"Lydia, what's wrong?" I let a gust of air as he walks over to the open window. I peer over to see Lydia crying in the drivers seat of her car, but I look back to the school with stress.

"Stiles!" I whisper yell his name, but he ignores me for the strawberry blonde.

I shake my head once more before heading to the school by myself. I need to get this book, if not with Stiles then alone. It's too important.

I race down the empty hallways until I see Gerard's office door in front of me. I hurry and use the key to unlock it before pushing through the door. I look around and see everything is fairly organized.