twenty two; save the strawberry blonde

My feet move quickly as I speed walk down the hallway and away from the bathroom I just occupied

My feet move quickly as I speed walk down the hallway and away from the bathroom I just occupied. I definitely don't look forward to getting back to class, but being trapped with that thing--excuse me, kanima--is not an option today.

The bell rings loudly causing me to cringe at the volume. I sigh heavily when the empty space around me gets filled with sweaty teenagers. I stick to the edge of the hallway, hoping nobody touches me, when I feel a grip on my arm.

Before I can utter a word I'm yanked into a room and the door shuts behind me. I elbow whatever it is that snatched me, but the familiar sound of a painful grunt behind me causes me to swiftly turn around. There stands Scott, holding his stomach with a look of pain on his face and I wince slightly, realizing I just elbowed him in the gut.

I notice my sister and Stiles standing not far behind him and cross my brows, confused, "Um, is this an intervention or something?"

Scott stands from his crouched over position, "Where have you been? You left class forever ago," Before I can under a word, his eyes fall down to the sleeve covering my once injured arm. "Did something happen?"

I roll my eyes slightly and yank my sleeve down even further than before, "No, I'm fine. I scratched my arm in the bathroom and went to the nurse to patch it up. No big deal."

Scott continues to look at my arm questioningly, but Stiles's panicked voice interrupts.

"What're we going to do about Lydia?"

I look between the three of them confused, "What happened with Lydia?"

I question, switching to a serious expression while looking between the three other people in the room.

Allison crosses her arms over her chests and lets out a sigh, "Well, to start, she ate a crystal with the kanima venom on it and didn't collapse," I raise an eyebrow and let out a deep breathe of air. That could definitely cause some problems.

"And second, Derek's outside waiting for her."

Allison looks to Scott with a worried expression, "Waiting to kill her?"

Scott nods slowly, "If he thinks she's the kanima, then yes, especially after what happened at the pool."

"Okay, so we need to make a plan to save the possibly kanima strawberry blonde-"

I get cut off as Stiles vigorously shakes his head, not wanting to listening to the words coming from my mouth, "It's not her."

"Stiles, she didn't pass the test, man. Nothing happened." Scott looks at his best friend with sympathy, but I can't help but he chills when Stiles points to me as quickly as possible.

"Nothing happened to Abby either, but you don't see Derek chasing after her."

"Did you really just pull that card?" I look at him with both eyebrows raised, honestly surprised that out of everybody, Stiles is the one to call me out.

Allison's head snaps over to me, "Wait, what does he mean?"

I let out a heavy sigh and crossing arms, "Another story for a different time, Ally."

I can see her need to argue me, but once again, Stiles interrupts, "No, it can't be her. It's not Lydia."

Allison shakes her head defiantly, "It doesn't matter, because Derek thinks it's her. So either we can convince him that he's wrong, or we've got to figure out a way to protect her."

I look up when I feel the state of three pairs of eyes fall onto me. I notice the look each of them share and I let my eyes roll excessively, "What? Do you guys honestly think that I have the ability to convince him it's not Lydia?"

Scott look around the room and he thinks, as if hoping the answer to our problems is maybe hiding in here, "Well, I really don't think he's gonna do anything here, not at school."

"What about after school? What if we can prove that Derek's wrong?" Allison lets the concern for her close friend be exposed as she questions Scott.

Stiles raises an eyebrow at Allison, not convinced by her plan, "By three o'clock?"

I try to think of anything that could aid the situation at all, but only one thing comes to mind, "Wait, what about the bestiary?"

Stiles's sarcasm comes into play as he rolls his eyes dramatically, "Oh, you mean the 900 page book written in archaic Latin that none of us can read? Good luck with that."

I hold back an annoyed sigh, knowing he's just worried about the secret love of his life.

I watch as Allison looks down thoughtfully, "Actually, I think I know someone who might be able to translate it."

Scott takes my arm into his hand and yanks me forward, "Uh, we can talk to Derek, maybe convince him to give us a chance to prove that it's not her," He then looks between the three of us with a concerned look on his face, "But if anything happens, you guys let me handle it, okay?"

Allison shakes her head and I can tell she's slightly annoyed, "What does that mean?"

"That you can't heal like I do. I just don't want you to get hurt."

I roll my eyes heavily and remove my arm from his hand, "Oh, really? I think we'll be fine."

Allison steps forward and reaches into her book bag before pulling out a mini crossbow. She flips it open and raises it beside her confidently, "I can protect myself," I smirk at her proudly, but the disheartened look on Scott's face causes my smirk to fall. "What? Did something else happen?"

Scott watches my sisters face closely, as if he is taking in every detail. I step away to watch from afar and push down the jealous feeling inside my gut. You can see the admiration in both of their eyes and I can't help but be envious of it. It wasn't something easy to find.

"I just don't want you getting hurt. Seriously, if anything goes wrong, you call me, okay? I-I don't care if your dad finds out. Call, text, scream, yell, whatever. I'll hear you and I'll find you as fast as I can," Allison looks down to her feet and gives Scott a small nod before looking back up at him. "We have until 3:00."

I begin to move forward with Scott to exit the room, but the familiar sound of a bow being shot triggers in my ears and I step to the side as quickly as possible. I watch as Scott catches the mini arrow in his hands and I let out a sigh before looking back to Stiles. He stands there with the crossbow in his hands, staring wide eyed at his best friend, "Sorry, sorry. Delicate trigger-"

I walk forward and snatch the bow from his grasp, "Dangerous. Not a toy."

He sighs and looks away before I hand the bow to Allison and continue leaving with Scott following behind me.