twenty five; J 37

I pace in front of the door as the sun finally finishes setting and the moon reveals itself in the sky. The house is eerily quiet and I try not to think of how Jackson has convined Lydia to stay upstairs for so long.

Allison and Stiles continue to stand watch at the two small windows by the front door, but the four people out front have yet to make a move. Besides taking residence right on the front walkway, of course.

I stop pacing when I notice Allison standing with her phone held tightly in her hand. I watch as she hesitantly has her finger over the screen and my eyes widen with realization, "Allison, what're you doing?"

She looks up to me with regretful, slightly teary eyes, "I think--I think I have to call dad."

I immediatly begin to shake my head in disagreement, but before I can voice my complaints, Stiles beats me to it, "No, but if he finds you here--you and Scott--"

Allison races her fingers through her hair stressfully, "I know. But what are we supposed to do? They're not here to scare us, okay? They're here to kill Lydia."

I watch as she hesitates once more before deciding to place the phone back into her pocket. I feel my heart begin the race much faster than before, not sure of what she decided to do. The feeling of wanting to flee is much stronger now than it was seconds ago, but I know I have to stay here and help.

Friends don't runaway from friends when they need help.

Stiles looks over at us quickly with a certain look in his eyes, "I got an idea," I give him a fast nod, wanting him to go on, but his next few words force me to roll my eyes, "Just shoot one of them."

"That's what you call an idea?" I sigh rolling my neck around anxiously.

Where the hell is Scott?

The kid has werewolf speed, yet he's always late to the important things.

Allison gives Stiles a wide eyed look, "Are you serious?"

"We told Scott we could protect ourselves, so let's do it," Stiles looks between the both of us before looking down to our nearly matching weapons, "Or at least give it a shot, right?"

I nod as Allison looks over to me before answering herself, "Okay."

Oh god, I really hope this doesn't end badly. I lean over Stiles and pull back the curtain slightly before my eyes rest on the four people standing outside.

I watch as Derek turns to the three betas in front of him. I push down the worried feeling in my chest as I watch him stand there.

Couldn't he just leave it alone and not be here?

Not that I'm worried about him.

Not at all.

He can get an arrow to the leg for all I care.

Yeah, because his leg can heal.

I ignore my stupid confusing thoughts and pull back from the window before looking over to a determined looking Stiles.

He turns back to me and Allison, "Look, they don't think we're gonna fight, so if one of them gets hit, I guarantee they'll take off. So just shoot one of 'em."

Allison looks between us confused before glancing out the window once again, "Which one?"

Stiles hesitates before stuttering out his anser, "Uh, Derek. Yeah, shoot him, preferably in the head."

I punch his arm without holding back and he silently grabs it in pain. Before I can think I move forward, "That's not such a bright idea. Derek is an alpha, if you think he can't catch a simple arrow, you're wrong."