seventeen; needing answers

I lean onto the locker next to Scott as he digs around in his. I let out a sigh and wait for any form of reaction from the werewolf, but I get none. I let out a slightly louder sigh, but still Scott continues to dig deeper into his locker.

This time, I let out a cough louder than any sigh, and hold back a laugh as Scott bumps his head on the metal before turning to me.

"Ow, thank you. What's up?" I cringe lightly, thinking over my next few sentences.

"So, I overheard you telling Stiles stuff about Deaton," He raises a confused eyebrow and I hold back an eye roll. "You know, how Deaton knows a little more about someone's sharp teeth and claws."

His eyes widen in realization and he nods quickly, "Yeah, he helped me heal after I got in that fight with Derek. He knew about me..not sure to what extent though." At this point, Scott is digging through his mess of a locker once again. I attempt to use his distracted state to my advantage.

"So, you don't know..what exactly he knows?" I hold my breath, but apparently, my plan isn't going exactly like I wanted it to.

Scott's head slowly reemerges from his locker, "No...why are you asking about this?"

I let a laugh that is just a little too loud, "Just keeping updated and in the loop," I reach over and punch his arm, but I grimace when my knuckles sting just a bit after. "Gotta know who knows what, about you know who."

His eyes squint just the slightest as he takes in my facial expression.

Liar.

I take step back as the word enters my head. I shake it slightly waiting for it to repeat or another word to be said, but nothing comes. Scott's face turns to one of concern and he takes a step closer. I jump lightly when his hand rest on my shoulder, helping me keep balanced.

"Whoa, Abby, you okay? What happened?" I blink rapidly, clearing my head from the strange voice before sending Scott a forced smile. I take a step back and let his hand fall from me.

"Yeah, just got a little light headed for a second. I, uh, didn't have time to really eat today. No need to worry," I turn to walk away, but trying to seem less suspicious, I turn to face him once more, "I'll catch you later tonight. Your lacrosse game, I'll be there."

I turn to leave one last time, and even if Scott had said something in response, I didn't hear it.

☾                    ☾                    ☾

I push open the door as quietly as possible, but the ding noise gives away my presence immediately. I take roughly three steps inside, before the sound of another's come from in front of me.

"I'm sorry, but I'm about to be clos-oh," I watch as Deaton steps into the room completely, and his eyes race up to meet mine. I notice the slight look of surprise on his face and a little bit of a guarded defense come over him. "Abigail Argent. What can I do for you?"

I nervously rub my hands together in front of me and take a deep breath, "I don't want to cause any trouble or anything. I just.."I let out a sigh and close my eyes briefly.

"You want my help."

My eyes snap open at his words and I blink rapidly. I slowly shake my head in surprise and take a small, light step forward, "How did you know that?"

He lets out a light laugh and sends me a small smile, "I know some of the things that go on in this town, Abigail. You getting bit by Peter Hale is one of them."

I let a brief and dry laugh, "Really? I honestly would have never assumed." He nods along with my words before shrugging.

"No one does," He opens the little gate doorway leading to the back room, before nodding his head in that direction. "It's not safe to talk out here, I can try my best to help you."