twenty four; lydia protection plan

I yank my bag out from my locker and slam the metal door shut, before the sound of my phone buzzing in my pocket catches my attention. I pull it out and watch as Scott's name starts filling up my notification screen. I let out a huff of air and open the messages.

'Scotty Boy: Lydia protection plan is in action.'

'Scotty Boy: Stiles, Allison, and Jackson have Lydia--find them and I'll meet you guys there.'

'Scotty Boy: I hope you don't think we aren't talking about what happened out there later.'

I let my eyes roll dramatically before racing down the hallway towards the library. My shoes give a light squeak as I pick up my speed at the sight of the group of delinquent teenagers I'm currently looking for.

"If we're doing a study group, why didn't we just stay in the library?" Lydia questions as they continue to quickly make their way down the hallway. I push past multiple people during my rush to catch up. If only Lydia was the 'don't question and go along with the unknown plan' type of girl. Things would be a lot easier.

Stiles quickly looks between the secret love of his life and my sister before stuttering out an answer, "Because we're meeting up with somebody else."

I take this as my chance to butt-into their conversation, "Hi, I'm here. For our study group. Staying in the library would have been a really good idea," I lightly slap Stiles's arm, "Why didn't you think of that before."

Stiles glares at my before looking back to Lydia and shrugging, "Too late now."

I fall back behind Lydia, Stiles, and my sister, but keep my pace as fast as I can. If we can at least get Lydia out of the school unharmed we can rack the beginning of the 'protect Lydia' mission as a pass.

As we make our way to the exit of the building, I roughly bumped shoulders with a kid as he makes his way to the opposite end of the hallway. My footing gets thrown off, but before I can even fix it myself, a hand on my arm does it for me.

The fingers around my wrist aren't tight in the slightest, but the stinging senestation emitting from them forces me to rip my hand away. I look over and meet the blue eyes that belong to no one other than Jackson Whittmore. He looks back to me with confused eyes as we continue walking to keep up with the others.

"I was helping you." I watch as he moves his gaze ahead of us once again, but I can't help but continue looking at him strangly.

I shake my head lightly and utter out my excuse, "Yeah-sorry, you just scared me," He doesn't bother giving a response and I almost feel better that he didn't.

Before we make it to the blue Jeep we all recongize, I give my wrist one quick glace. All that is there to see is unharmed skin.

Then why did it feel like Jackson's fingers were hot metal coils wrapped around my wrist?

I shake the thoughts out of my head and instead focus on getting Lydia somewhere safe. I pull open the passenger door of Stiles's Jeep and push Lydia into the backseat.

I follow shortly behind her, and sigh relieved as Allison follows in behind me, leaving Stiles to deal with Jackson in the front.

Stiles quickly peels out of his parking spot, and then out of the school parking lot. Off to save the strawberry blonde princess we go.

☾                        ☾                   ☾

I follow Lydia up the stone walkway leading to Scott's house. She huffs with annoyance as she makes her way to the front door, "If we're studying at Scott's house, then where's Scott?"

Before I can even begin to utter out a somewhat good excuse, Stiles cuts in with his lack of one, "Meeting us here, I think. I hope." I give him a look at the last part and shake my head slightly.

Way to make it realistic.

I quickly slam the front door shut behind all of us as we finally make it inside. Stiles races over and begins locking every lock on the door with absolutely no subtly.

He pulls back the curtain covering the small window next to the door, checking around outside. "Really?" I mutter next to him, but when I notice Lydia watching him oddly, I spin him around to face her.

"Uh, there's been a few break-ins around the neighborhood," I look down awkwardly as we all stand silently around the foyer. Stiles then quickly moves over grabbing a wooden chair before jamming it under the doorknob.

Yeah Stiles, that isn't suspicious at all.

Lydia indicates to the chair obviously growing tired, but used to, Stiles's odd behavior.

"And a murder. Yeah, it was bad." I let out a tired sigh and cross my arms before looking around the quiet room.

I'm thankful when Allison makes eye contant with Jackson and motions to the stairs in front of us. Thankfully he picks up on the meaning of her look. "Lydia, follow me. I need to talk to you for a minute."

Lydia sighs annoyed, but thankfully follows Jackson away from the rest of us, "Seriously? What is going on with everyone?"

"Just trying to save your life, but hey, it's fine." I mutter walking over and tossing my bag onto the couch. I watch as the sun starts to set at what seems like an alarmingly fast rate. I look over to the front door before deciding to take a look outside myself.

I pull back the curtain and my eyes immediately fall onto the four bodies standing outside across the street from Scott's house.

I watch Derek from the distance between us and my mind flashes back the conversation on the field.

If killing Lydia is vital to him because the venom didn't work on her, then what's going to stop him from coming after me?

I pull away from the window quickly, trying to push the nerve racking thoughts from my head.

"I don't think these locks and a wooden chair is going to keep them out for long. Scott better get here soon." I say quietly, making sure Lydia wouldn't be able to hear me. Allison nods along with me as she walks back into the foyer, "I just called him, he said he's on his way."

I watch as she gives me a look before glancing down at my empty hands. I roll my eyes, immiedatly knowing what the look means, before going over to my bag.

I open it quickly, before pulling out my own smaller crossbow and my signature switchblade.

"Good. I didn't think you had brought anything."

I send her slight smirk before hiding my blade in the waistband of my pants, under my shirt, "Ally, I've been doing this for a while now. You may be amazingly talented with bows, but I've also got experience."

She tries to hide her small smile, but I notice the glint in her eyes. In an instant, its replaced with a look of worry and I move closer before resting my hands on her shoulders. "Hey, everything will be fine. This will all be figured out, and then you and Lydia can go back to being besties."

She ignores my choice of words, but instead looks up at me with a soft look, "You think so?"

I purse my lips and shake my head, "Na," Her eyes widen drastically, but my laugh removes the worried look from her face and it's replaced by an annoyed one. She lightly shoves me away with a huff. "I'm joking. I know it's going to be okay. Lydia might drive me crazy, but I really have this gut feeling that she will be fine."

She sends me a smile and I can't help but return it. Moments like these make me miss the close relationship we once held, and makes the hope of it returning grow more.

Hopefully, I'm not wrong about this.