sixteen; americas next top model

I sit down on the rusted metal bench. I listen silently to the small conversation happening not too far from my current seat, and hold my breathe as I hear four distinct voices circling around the other room. 

A loud slam shakes the old subway I'm sitting in, before Issac's pained voice follows, "Are we done? I got about a hundred bones that need a few hours to heal."

I hear a familiar sigh, "Come here," I listen to the sudden silence after Derek speaks, but then a loud snap rips through the air. I hold back a grimace, the sound of bones breaking isn't one you forget, "A hundred and one. You think I'm teaching you how to fight? Huh? I'm teaching you how to survive!"

Isaac's gruff voice floats around me, "If they wanted us dead why aren't they coming for us now? What are they waiting for?"

"I don't know. But they're planning something. And you, especially, know that's not our only problem. Whatever that thing is that killed Isaac's father, I think it killed someone else last night," I sit back slowly and lean on the cold metal as Derek's voice grows louder. "Until I find out what it is, you all need to learn everything that I know. As fast as I can teach you."

I watch the doorway silently, just waiting for him to approach. I glare after a few extra seconds before letting my eyes roll heavily. "Ha, ha, funny," I stand slowly and move closer to the empty doorway. "I know you know I'm here. I didn't realize the big bad alpha was scared of little 'ol me."

I let out a sigh of relief as he finally steps into the room. I watch as he slowly walks towards me with a sarcastic grin, "Funny," He looks behind himself briefly before looking back to me, "How long have you been waiting for me?"

I laugh lightly and shrug my shoulders, "Oh, you mean did I hear your brief make out session with America's Next Top Model in there?" He moves forward with his mouth set determined, but I cut him off before he can even speak. "I'm not mad. I would need to be jealous to be mad and, trust me, I am not jealous of her."

He tilts his head slightly looking at me confused, "You're not mad?"

"Nope," I let the 'p' pop in my word and turn back to the seat behind me, before planting myself down. "Were you gonna mention Boyd to me at some point, or am I supposed to get all of my Derek Hale gossip from Scott and Stiles now?"

He sighs heavily and slowly falls onto the bench next to me. He leans back and bites his lip softly. I look away to keep myself distracted from the sight, but his voice demands my attention.

"I gave them a choice," I don't say anything, giving him time to further explain. "Their lives..they barley had lives before. I offered them the bite because I knew they needed it. I told them everything that came with it, the good and the bad."

I let a sigh slip from between my lips and shake my head slowly, "I want to think that it makes it all better, but something just doesn't sit right with me. They're still young and vulnerable. They might have been told what the consequences are, but they won't truly understand until one of them are dead."

He turns to face me slowly and lets his hand rest on my knee, "I won't let that happen."

I rest my head lightly on his shoulder and let my eyes fall closed, "I believe you."  

                        ☾                                                              ☾                                                                         ☾

I grasped the shoulder of bag tightly as I move towards the two familiar boys in front of me. I hold back a laugh as I hear Stiles's winded voice speaking to Scott, 

Scott sighs dramatically and leans froward more, "Come on, you're the only one that we can trust. Is she coming to the game tonight?"

I sit next to Scott after assuming this conversation is about the one and only Allison Argent. 

Stiles rolls his eyes annoyed, but slightly amused, " Yes!" His eyes fall onto me and he sends me a goofy grin, "Hi, Abby. You decide school is cool today?"

I fake a laugh before throwing a loose napkin on the table at him, I laugh genuinely when he flinches back in surprise. "Hey, I feel like we haven't talked in forever. Everything okay?"

I give him a somewhat cheerful smile, "It's all good, Scotty Boy. What's been happening here in Hell?"

Stiles cuts him off, leaving Scott open mouthed before he rolls his eyes at his best friends antics, "Not much, but, Scott needs to tell us about his boss?"

I feel my eyebrows draw closer together at his words, "Deaton? What does he have to do with anything?"

Scott looks to me hesitantly before speaking, "He thinks your family keeps some kind of, uh, records of all the things that they've hunted. Like a book."

I lean back and exhale slowly before both me and Stiles voice one word, "Bestiary,"

I look to Stiles with a light glare, "How the hell do you know what a Bestiary is?"

"Wait, a what?"

Stiles ignores my question, but turns to Scott instead. Typical. 

"A bestiary." Scott raises his eyebrow slightly before looking between us, "I think you mean bestiality."

Stiles looks back to me briefly and I shake my head slowly, "Nope, pretty sure we don't. It's like an encyclopedia of mythical creatures."

"How am I the only one who doesn't know anything about this stuff." Scott huffs lightly and begins to pout. 

I raise an eyebrow before pointing to myself, "Well, I just happen to be the daughter of a werewolf hunter and him," I point to Stiles, but stop to inspect him closely, "Actually, I have no idea why he knows."

Stiles looks between the two of us quickly, "Okay, you're my best friend, you're a creature of the night, it's kind of like a priority of mine."

Scott looks to me with a look of worry, "Okay. Do you have any idea where the book is?"

I look down sadly, "No, I've never even seen it in real life before. I've only heard about it from family."

"Well, if we can find it, and it can tell us what this thing is-"

Stiles's voice cuts him off correcting his statement, "And who."

We all look to each other before completing the thought, "We need that book."