twenty six; nightclubs and armani

I slowly stalk towards the body hidden in the shadows before me. The light of the nightclub in front of me doesn't fall over them, keeping them hidden from anyone in sight.

Besides me.

I keep my steps as light as I possibly can making my way closer and closer. I reach a hand out and lightly apply pressure to the back of the person before they jump in surprise. I grimace as Scott looks a me with wide eyes, sending him a sorry smile.

"Sorry, sorry, I was trying to be discrete." He rolls his eyes lightly before releasing a sigh. Stiles comes up from behind me, joining us.

Stiles looks to Scott with semi-widened eyes, "Did you see where he went?" I look over the edge of the building and see a line of people waiting to enter the door. I gulp nervously at the large amount of people, before turning back to the boys.

Scott lets out a quiet, and slightly agitated, sigh from next to me before answering, "I lost him."

I watch him quizzically, as usually it isn't hard for Scott to follow someone, or something, like it is for him tonight. Stiles resembles my reaction, "What? You couldn't track his scent?"

Scott looks between us with a confused glare, "I don't think he has one." I sigh heavily and roll my shoulders attempting to relax. It's going to be a lot harder to find someone if he doesn't even have a scent.

A lot  being an understatement.

Tonight's task is just getting more difficult by the minute.

I cross my arms over my chest before looking back at the line of people around the building once again, "Okay, so, any idea to where he would have gone?"

Scott looks back at me with a serious stare, only uttering a few words, "To kill someone."

Stiles's mouth falls open briefly with a slight look of fear in his eyes before responding, "Ah. That explains the claws, and the fangs, and all that. Good. Makes perfect sense now," Both Scott and I look back to Stiles with a look of annoyance. His eyebrows raise as he shrugs, "What? Scott, come on. I'm 147 pounds of pale skin and fragile bone, okay? Sarcasm is my only defense."

I give Stiles's body quick once over before raising a brow of my own, "Really? 147 pounds?" He looks back to me with a disgruntled look before crossing his arms over his chest.

Scott shakes his head at the both of us before letting his eyes roll lightly for the millionth time, "Just help me find it."

"Not 'it.' Jackson." Stiles words come out with more forcefulness than I would have expected, but I begrudgingly nod in agreement. Even though I knew Jackson was some type of slimy creature the moment I met him, he doesn't deserve being called an 'it'.

Scott sighs, looking to the pavement below us, "Yeah, I know. I-I know."

Stiles lets out a deep breath before looking over to the line of people that I continue to glance at myself, "All right, but does he  know that? Did anybody else see him back at your house?"

I think back to the scene of the Kanima, Jackson, crawling across the roof of the McCall home before disappearing into the night. God, I hope no one else witnessed that because that will be a hell of a lie we need to make up.

Scott stutters slightly, thinking back to incident himself, "I mean, I don't think so, but he already passed Derek's test anyway."

I roll my eyes and heave out a breath of air before looking between the two, "This stupid 'test' means nothing. Have we not gotten that yet? I failed the test and so did Lydia, yet Jackson is crawling around on all fours with scales covering his skin. Passing or failing some crappy test that Derek made up means nothing."

Both boys look to me with wide eyes after my mini spiel, but Stiles is the first to respond, " Yeah, but that's just the thing. How?"

I roll my eyes again and cross my arms over my chest with a sigh. Do the words coming from my mouth mean nothing? Scott shrugs and looks slightly defeated without an answer other than, "I don't know."

Stiles looks up with a hopeful and somewhat bright look, "Maybe it's like an either-or thing. I mean, Derek said that a snake can't be poisoned by its own venom, right? When's the Kanima not the Kanima?"

I look to him confused briefly before the puzzle pieces in my mind fall together, "When he's Jackson."

Scott looks back over the edge of the wall to the line of people continuously moving inside the building, when I suddenly feel the hairs raise against my skin. I look down at my arm to see goosebumps raise ever so slightly and my heartbeat beings to slowly accelerate.

I look up slowly until my vision rests on the top of the building. I stutter when I see the haunting image of a scaled tail swaying from an open window. I reach over and slap my hand against the bicep of the werewolf in front of me, "Uh- Scott, Stiles. You might want to look a this." I watch as they begin to follow my gaze and I hear Stiles gasp quietly from beside me. 

The tail completely disappears from our view, "He's inside."

Stiles continues to watch the space not-Jackson just resided, "What's he gonna do in there?"

I shrug lightly before nodding my head, "Oh, I don't know. Maybe some murder, some light mauling here and there. Who knows." Stiles looks over and gives me a glare as Scott moves back to the edge of the building. I watch his brows draw closer together before he glances back at us briefly, "I know who he's after."

I move forward next to him to attempt to see what caught his attention while Stiles questions him ,"What? How? Did you smell something?"

My eyes fall upon a very familiar face and my blood runs cold at the sight of him, "Armani."

We all watch silently as Danny moves forward from the line of people and makes his way inside the club. The same place that the Kanima just welcomed himself into.

Will we ever have one night that doesn't consist of saving someone?