♥ seventy nine ♥

Vai stood up from her desk, fiddling with the envelope blade between her fingers. She walked over to look out of the spotless glass window, her tear-stained cheeks coming into view. 

She walked forward a step before pausing and deciding otherwise. I was frozen in terror as she held up the blade. Is she going to try and stab me with that?! No, she wouldn't do that. Would she?

I didn't get the chance to think about my doubts when she suddenly raised the blade to her throat. 

"Now that there are no cameras. I can do this peacefully," she mumbled, the knife inching closer to her pale, untouched skin.

"No!" I shouted, tackling her just when the cutter pierced her skin. I wrestled with her on the floor as she struggled to get back onto her feet.

In her panic, the blade still clutched in her fist, grazed my forearm. I winced as I felt the sharp edge against my skin.

Before any more damage could be done, I kicked the knife out of her hand and sent it spiraling across the marble floor.

"Stop it!" She shouted frantically, trying to throw me off her.

A crimson red liquid dripped down from her throat and my arm as I straddled her. Eventually, she gave up, her energy being wasted on no progress.

"Why can't you just let me go?" she sobbed as I got off her. I quickly picked up the blade and stuffed it safely in my pocket. Making sure she couldn't get to it again.

"You're unstable Vai! You need help," I pleaded with her as she looked up at me from the floor.

"I'll break the contract..." she mumbled.

"What?"

"I said I'll break it! Fuck my mom! She can go cry me a river." I was taken aback by the sudden change in demeanor. Just a second ago she was trying to kill herself and now she was...confident? How bipolar was she really?

"Won't she do something about it?" I asked. She shook her head, standing up.

"She already signed the company under my name. She has no power except over me."

"And you think you're prepared for that?" I softly asked.

"No. But I do know the longer I wait, the harder it will be." She grabbed the contract from off the table and ripped it to shreds.

"Go. I'll come back when I'm ready," she told me, tears threatening to spill from her eyes once more.

I sighed before nodding and exiting the office. I knew there was nothing else I could do for the time being. She was mentally unstable, yes. But that can be healed with time and love. As long as she doesn't try anything until coming back to BigHit, things should turn out fine.

I walked back down to the lobby, sliding the visitor pass back to the front desk woman.

"Thank you...Irene?" I smiled after reading her name tag. She smiled back nervously before giving a little wave. I left back to the car and got in.

"Pop! Pop! Pop! Pop pop. Pop! Pop! Pop! Pop pop~" she sang before noticing my presence and quickly shutting off the music. 

She looked horrified once she saw my arm. I now looked down to realize the ugly gash it had given me and the layers of dried blood on it. The knife hadn't gone deep enough to scar but I knew it would be bleeding for a while.

I thought it was fine until I suddenly remembered the boys. "Shit we gotta go," I quickly pulled out and sped to the BigHit building. Thankfully, Nayeon stayed silent, not questioning the cut or my motives.