Freshmen 1

ɴᴏᴡ ᴘʟᴀʏɪɴɢ
𝐒𝐜𝐡𝐨𝐨𝐥 𝐒𝐩𝐢𝐫𝐭 𝐛𝐲 𝐊𝐚𝐧𝐲𝐞 𝐖𝐞𝐬𝐭
ılıılıılıılıılıılı
ᴠᴏʟᴜᴍᴇ: ▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮
𝟶:𝟶𝟶 ○─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎ 𝟸𝟻:𝟶𝟶
◁︎     ||     ▷︎

🏀

Hampton University
Fri. August 27th, 3:45 pm
"Move-in Day"

School Spirit by Kanye West blasted through his AirPods as the car pulled into the parking lot of Hampton University. Looking out the window, he stared at the several people that lingered around the campus. He saw new students, hauling their belongings into the building with their families. Staff members in school appeal while holding flyers, directing traffic, and helping those who needed it. He saw some of the smiles kids had on their faces as they got ready for new beginnings. A beginning that he wasn't ready for just yet. He let out a small sigh once reality hit him.

His name is Shai Carter, and during his entire life, he was invisible to his family, friends, and the public eye. You think that was impossible with the parents he had, but it was. Born to Los Angeles Clippers basketball player Sean and supermodel Allison, Shai's life was that of a regular celebrity child. He lived in a mansion with every possible room you could think of. He had a maid, a personal cook, a butler, and more. He received special treatment, sat courtside at his dad's games, and even went backstage at his mother's shows. He was living a life that many wished for.

Unfortunately, it wasn't how everyone thought it was. It was different for him since he was five years old. Folks thought his life was perfect, but it was a disaster. He truly experienced neglect, toxicity, narcissism, abuse, and selfishness. That was everything his parents were, especially his father. If you ask his dad anything about Shai, he wouldn't know. His mother was the same to a certain extent. The lack of identity Shai had at a young age was an issue but no one cared enough to help him out.

Instead of being the 6'4" brown skin eighteen-year-old who was educated and skilled in basketball. He was ALWAYS looked at as that basketball player son or that supermodel kid. Sometimes he wasn't noticed at all and was just some kid. The teenager was nothing more than a shadow to his parents, and the world treated him as such. The only one who really cared for him was his aunt, which explained why she was the one sending him off to college.

His aunt was the only person who truly cared for him. Sometimes he wished his aunt was his mother instead. Today, he had that same thought as they got out of the car and a staff member walked over. While his Aunt Susan spoke to the lady who came over, Shai scanned the campus he was going to be walking on for the next year. He will admit the campus was bigger than the pictures he saw. He saw the different buildings that surrounded him and assumed that was where classes, dorms, and the cafeteria was.

More importantly, the gymnasium. He was mainly looking forward to heading to the gym, so he could practice and play around. He made sure to pack all of his basketball stuff and some other extra things too. He made sure he packed all his shoes from his Jordans to his Nikes and back to his Jordans. He didn't want to leave anything behind. He was brought out of his thoughts once he felt someone touch him. He turned, seeing his aunt beside him with a smile on her face.

"This is Mrs. Allen, HU's new student volunteer, and RA. She's going to help us out with filling any papers you need to and other stuff." Susan told him. Shai looked at the brown skin lady that was standing there. She gave him a wave and he sent a head nod back.

"You can just call me Tasha. Shall we get started?" She questioned, Shai let out a sigh and then nodded his head. Susan opened the trunk while Tasha grabbed a rolling bin to help them haul their things.