Freshmen 12

ɴᴏᴡ ᴘʟᴀʏɪɴɢ
𝐏𝐚𝐬𝐬𝐢𝐨𝐧𝐟𝐫𝐮𝐢𝐭 𝐛𝐲 𝐃𝐫𝐚𝐤𝐞
ılıılıılıılıılıılı
ᴠᴏʟᴜᴍᴇ: ▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮
𝟶:𝟶𝟹 ○─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎ 𝟸𝟻:𝟶𝟶
◁︎     ||     ▷︎

🏀

Hampton University
Sat. Sept. 24th, 8:12 am
"Passionate"

"And I'll take the Egg Benedict." Stephen ordered, handing the waitress the menus, caressing the woman's hand the same time.

Dess watched the two of them interact, and found it cute and weird. Seeing your father flirt wasn't a sight a daughter would want to see ever in life. Still, she was happy for him to be able to do that. She remembered like it was yesterday at how awkward her dad used to be when it came to flirting. Women would look at him like something was wrong with him. Stephen tried his hardest to hop back into the dating world but always struggled.

You can say he had trust issues and fell in love way too easily. And he didn't get like that just because. He turned that way after his first girl, Dess's mother, Natalie broke his heart. She was a pretty white woman with a whole lot of sass and boldness. That's what attracted Stephen to her in the first place. She was a whole lot of something that he couldn't seem to explain. He knew when he looked into her blue eyes that she was the one.

That's what he thought at least.

Things always took a turn when a woman ends up pregnant. It made their relationship even more complicated too. Her parents still had the late 80's and 90's mindset. They did not want their white daughters to date black men. No excuses allowed. Stephen and Natalie had to hide their relationship from the beginning which lead to them hiding her pregnancy too. It didn't work out too well since her parents found out soon after she took the test. Despite her parents disliking him, Stephen had plans on marrying Natalie. He saw a future with her even if not her people disapproved.

However, Natalie, shut him down without hesitation and made it known their relationship couldn't last past Dess brith. That soon led to Stephen being a single father at nineteen. His parents weren't too happy, but what parent would be when their son was about to be raising a child so young. Stephen had help to a certain extent, but everything else was on him. He was so worried about his child that he didn't take the time to worry about himself. Dess loved that her father was now thinking of himself.

He deserved it.

The waitress finally walked away, leaving Stephen with a huge smile on his face. Dess chuckled, Stephen looking at her.

"Sorry about that." He apologized. Dess shook her head, holding her hands up.

"Don't apologize. She's pretty." She complimented the waitress. Stephen nodded his head agreeing as he sipped his orange juice.

"Yes...she is." he muttered.

He cleared his throat, "Anyway, we didn't come out here to flirt." he changed the subject. After taking off his jacket, he leaned back in the chair.

"You sure?" Dess jokingly asked. Stephen shook his head, smiling to himself.

"Yes, I'm sure. How's school going lettuce? We haven't talked since move-in day, I've been worried sick about you." he said.