Freshmen 7

ɴᴏᴡ ᴘʟᴀʏɪɴɢ
𝐅𝐚𝐤𝐞 𝐋𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐛𝐲 𝐃𝐫𝐚𝐤𝐞
ılıılıılıılıılıılı
ᴠᴏʟᴜᴍᴇ: ▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮
𝟶:𝟶𝟽 ○─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎ 𝟸𝟻:𝟶𝟶
◁︎ || ▷︎

🏀

Hampton University
Fri. Sept. 9th, 8:00pm
"Fake Love...Straight Face"

I've been down so long it look like up to me. They look up to me, I got fake people showin' fake love to me.
Straight up to my face, straight up to my face

Once you open your eyes and believe, signs were everywhere. It was oddly suspicious that Fake Love by Drake was playing during their date. Shai nervously tapped his fingers on his legs, listening to Drake. Fake love, he knew a lot about that. He ignored the song and put his attention on Parker. She was sitting across from him in the booth, her facial expression unclear for him to read.

If he had to assume how she was feeling he say she was unhappy. Their date started off bad. After missing the shuttle, they had to wait thirty minutes for the bus. They sat out in the cold longer than that since the bus took forever to come. When it finally did, the ride to the arcade was troubling. Crowded. Smelly. Disgusting. Shai wasn't complaining as much as Parker was. It turned bad to worse when a homeless kept harassing them on the bus.

Not knowing any better, Shai actually entertained the homeless man and gave him money. Was he aware of what he may do with it? No, but he wanted to be nice. Once they arrived to the arcade, Shai got them game cards filled with a hundred credits. He was expecting to have fun like other teens did when they went out on dates. He wanted to play games and win prizes like the Spider-Man basketball he saw. Spider-Man was his favorite superhero since he could relate to him more.

A teenager with superpowers who keeps messing up every chance he got. A teen who wanted to be normal and not be seen differently from his peers. Yeah, that was Shai all day. Anyway, Shai was enjoying himself while being here. He won every game he played despite not having any competition. Parker stayed in the back and watched him with her arms crossed. Shai noticed her face scrunched up at times. Now, they were sitting down waiting for their meal.

Shai swallowed hard. The awkward and uncomfortable silence between them was weird. He looked around the arcade which was somewhat empty. There were only a few people here, three families to be exact. Their kids ran around, screaming, and playing while their parents sat at the table talking. He will admit he picked a boring place for their first date, but he tried his best.

He didn't know much about Virginia, so he had trouble picking a place. This was as best as he was going to get. Not to mention, this was his first date ever. He didn't have anyone in his circle to help him out with stuff like this. He went off the top of his head and what he saw from social media. The many pictures he saw taken of teens his age in front of arcade games was his inspiration. Unfortunately, it wasn't going the way he thought it would.

Still waiting for their food, Shai decided to spark up a conversation. "Uhh, umm, did I tell you how nice you look?" He questioned, making Parker look up from her phone. He gave her a small smile.

"Yeah, you said that a few times." Parker replied, going back on her phone. Shai nodded his head, rubbing his hands against his jeans.

"Are you having fun?" he asked another question. Parker looked up from her phone and at him. Staring into his eyes, she could tell how happy he was about this date.