Freshmen 40

ɴᴏᴡ ᴘʟᴀʏɪɴɢ
𝐏𝐞𝐫𝐟𝐞𝐜𝐭 𝐃𝐮𝐞𝐭 𝐛𝐲 𝐄𝐝 𝐒𝐡𝐞𝐞𝐫𝐚𝐧 𝐟𝐭. 𝐁𝐞𝐲𝐨𝐧𝐜𝐞
⇆ㅤ||◁ㅤ❚❚ㅤ▷||ㅤ↻

🏀

Hampton University
Wed. Dec. 4th, 4:45pm
"My Perfect Match"

"And a one, two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight! And a one...three...five...where are those hands Beth!" Louis exclaimed as she walked around the cheerleaders.

She continued snapping her fingers while counting. Mimi sat on the bleacher and watched from there to see if everyone was on point. There were some missteps in the routine. Wrong hand movements. Wrong moves altogether. It was a disgrace to watch the girls and boys practice the same routine from a couple months ago. It wasn't hard either. A few extra hip shakes, clapping of the hands, and stomping of the feet. Moved that any ole stomp-n'-shake cheerleader would be able to. Right now though, everyone was sloppy.

"Aight, stop!" MiMi interrupted, waving her hand in the air and stopping the music from playing.

"Stop. Jeez, y'all are killing me." She remarked, standing to her feet. She walked to the front of the group where the captain, Neveah, and co-captain, Melissa, stood.

"It's not down-up-down. It's up-down-up do not forget the shake after the second up." MiMi told him, showing them how the dance actually went.

"Y'all also not moving." Louis chimed in with her criticism. "We stay in our spot, but we still move our legs and feet. I need y'all to lift them legs up. Stop being lazy!"

"The season is starting in just a few weeks and we need to get it together. Imma give hall five minutes to practice before we start making cuts." MiMi made her last comment before departing from them. Louis followed behind her, leaving the group to themselves.

Seeing the opportunity, Neveah turned around to look at everyone else. "I'll be damned if my senior year is fucked up because of y'all not being able to get a move down pack. It's ridiculous at this point." She remarked, placing her hands in her hips.

"Girl, boo." Beth waved her off and walked around her. Everyone else, including Dess, ignored Neveah and approached the bleachers. Some sat down and instantly went on their phones while others got themselves something to drink.

Dess stood off near her bag with Beth and Mikey. While they cooled themselves down, Dess was busy going over the routine again. Though cheerleading was turning into something she didn't like, she refused to be kicked off the team for a few mistakes. It was unacceptable. She knew what she had to do, so doing it shouldn't be an issue. She just had to focus. All that focus was going out the door when there was so much drama surrounding her.

"So, y'all ignoring me?" Neveah continued since she didn't receive a reply the first time. "We don't have time to be sitting down and texting. If we don't get this piece down then Mimi and Louis will make cuts. And I know some of y'all are depending on cheerleading to stay relevant."

Dess noticed the side-eye Neveah gave to one of their teammates, Christina. The two girls were the main ones going at in the groupchat. If Dess could remember correctly, they were beefing over a boy of some sort. It truly amazed her at how childish college kids can still be despite being in their twenties. She still had her childish way, but Dess knew that arguing over a boy was middle school bullshit.