Freshmen 42

ɴᴏᴡ ᴘʟᴀʏɪɴɢ
𝐉𝐮𝐬𝐭 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐖𝐚𝐲 𝐘𝐨𝐮 𝐀𝐫𝐞 𝐛𝐲 𝐁𝐫𝐮𝐧𝐨 𝐌𝐚𝐫𝐬
⇆ㅤ||◁ㅤ❚❚ㅤ▷||ㅤ↻

🏀

Hampton University
Sat. Dec. 7th, 3:30pm
"Plus Size Saves Lives"

Dess sat at the table surrounded by books. Though it was the weekend, she didn't stop he studies. She found a quiet spot in the quad and was studying for any unexpected tests thrown her way next week. People wondered how she was able to ace majority of her tests and this was the reason. When she didn't have class or anything else productive to do then she was studying. All subjects too at different times. Right now, she was focusing on her math class.

After apologizing to the person she bumped into, Ashley continued running until she reached the table Dess was at. She slammed her hands on it, making Dess look up at her. She took out her earphones, only to end up hearing the heavy breathing her friend was doing.

"Woo!" Ashley let out, plopping into the seat. She wiped her forehead while she tried to find her breath. Dess sat there, waiting for her to get herself together.

"Gimme a second." Ashley held her index finger up, Dess nodding her head.

"You good?" She questioned.

Ashley nodded her head, putting her thumbs up. "Yeah, I'm good. Anyway, I have some shit to tell you!" She exclaimed. She was about to speak but stopped when she saw the books on the table. She squinted her eyes then placed them on Dess.

"Girl? Don't tell me you're out here studying on a Saturday." She mentioned.

"Okay, I won't tell you then." Dess joked, Ashley rolling her eyes.

"Uhh, Dess, you can't be serious right now. You know there's a party going on in a few hours?"

"I'm aware. The dance team is hosting a kickback and I'm not going. Shai and I are chilling together."

Ashley poke out her bottom lip and nodded her head. That was all she needed to hear. Though she didn't know Shai all that well personally, she got a sense of the type of person he was from what Dess tells her. All Ashley knew was that Shai indeed was a big man in all aspects.

"Mhm, I already know it's going to be a good night for you indeed." She said, snapping her fingers in approval. Dess shook her head, chuckling to herself.

"Let's go."

Ashley held her hands up. "Right, my bad. Anyway, lemme have five minutes of your time?" She asked, Dess giving her the ok.

"Alright, for starters, what's up with you and Freya?" She began.

"Did she say something about me?" Dess instantly asked at the mention of Freya.

The two of them haven't spoken in a while and it somewhat tearing a hole in Dess heart. The girl she hung out with over the summer, shared secrets and goals with was acting different. Then sharing a room only made things much more awkward than it already was. They walked by each other every morning and night. Never speaking a word to the other. Dess wasn't sure what was up with her and she honestly wasn't liking it.

Ashley shook her head. "No, she didn't say anything. I actually saw her and asked if she knew where you were, and her response was just a shrug. I also noticed y'all haven't been hanging with each other lately, which is why I'm asking." She explained.