Freshmen 21

ɴᴏᴡ ᴘʟᴀʏɪɴɢ
𝐅𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐧𝐝𝐬 𝐛𝐲 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐂𝐚𝐫𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐬
ılıılıılıılıılıılı
ᴠᴏʟᴜᴍᴇ: ▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮
𝟸𝟷:𝟶𝟶 ─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎○︎─︎─︎ 𝟸𝟻:𝟶𝟶
◁︎     ||     ▷︎

🏀

Hampton University
Fri. Oct. 19th, 2:30pm
"Friendship and Relationships"

Pressure. A feeling of stressful urgency caused by the necessity of doing or achieving something. That's what she was feeling right now. Pressure. Dess took a deep breath, preparing herself for this small battle during cheer practice. Her coach called her and the co-captain, Natalie, out. She was nervous, yet she was ready for whatever. Standing by the bleachers, Dess did the cheer to herself while everyone else did their own thing. She clapped her hands and stomped her foot lightly, muttering the words to herself.

"Alright, everyone! Gather around!" Coach MiMi shouted, clapping her hands.

Dess took another deep breath. It was time now. She walked with the rest of her teammates over to the center of the gym where MiMi was already standing at. Everyone stood around in a half circle while Dess and Natalie stood in the center of them. The two girls faced each other, Natalie stood with a straight face ready for the showdown. Meanwhile, Dess had a smile on her face. She wasn't going to take this serious because it wasn't serious. Natalie thought otherwise clearly.

"Alright, ladies. It's a tradition to end practice off in a battle to help our new girlies and boys out. Tonight's battle is against our new girl, Dess, and our co-captain, Natalie. You ladies will do our Shake The Best cheer. Ready?" MiMi asked the two girls. Dess nodded her head, Natalie continued standing there with a straight face.

MiMi nodded her head, giving them the okay to start.

"WHO SHAKES THE BEST!" Dess and Natalie voiced at the same time.

"Shake it to the East!" They shouted, stomping to the right and clapping their hands.

They did the same thing, going to the left now. "Shake it to the West! It really doesn't matter who shakes the best!"

They turned to their sides, repeating the cheer even louder. "Shake it to the East. Shake it to the West. It really doesn't matter who shakes the best!"

"Cause everyone know we shake the best!" Dess clapped her hands repeatedly, shaking her hips along with the beat.

She heard Mikey and Beth gassing her up, which made her shake some more. Dess knew she was doing good and wasn't worried about Natalie. This was for fun. Stopping the shaking, the girls clapped their hands and stomped to the left to ended the cheer. Dess placed her fists on her hips, a smile on her face still. The rest of the team clapped their hands, Beth and Mikey the loudest.

"Good job ladies. You did amazing, Dess, just fix your form a little." MiMi told her, Dess nodded her head taking the advice.

Dess moved out the way when MiMi called out Mikey and AJ for a battle. Tired and thirsty, Dess made her way back to the bleachers where her stuff was at. She grabbed her water, sipping it while watching the boys do one of the varsity cheers. She couldn't wait until she got the actual opportunity to battle other teams. Basketball was going to be her time. While she got herself together, she ended up hearing her name being called. Stepping back, she ended up seeing Axel at the door in the window.