Freshmen 50

ɴᴏᴡ ᴘʟᴀʏɪɴɢ
𝐅𝐚𝐦𝐢𝐥𝐲 𝐀𝐟𝐟𝐚𝐢𝐫 𝐛𝐲 𝐌𝐚𝐫𝐲 𝐉. 𝐁𝐥𝐢𝐠𝐞
⇆ㅤ||◁ㅤ❚❚ㅤ▷||ㅤ↻

🏀

Hampton University
Wed. Dec. 17th,
"Family Matter"

Axel smiled hugely as he made his way to the dark blue Toyota Camry. He watched as the most beautiful woman he ever meet got out of the car. The short dark skin woman with box braids turned around and smiled back at him when she saw him approaching. The excitement expressed on both of their faces was very much respected when learned that the pretty woman was London Browne. Axel's...

"Mommy!" Axel exclaimed, putting his arms out. He threw them around his mother, pulling her into a tight hug. He smelled the famous oil she always wore that lingers in their home 24/7. He missed that smell more than anything in the entire world.

"My baby." London said, kissing his cheek. They parted their ways, London cuffing his face and smiling hugely at him.

"I miss the hell out of you boy." She said, placing a kiss on his nose. Axel chuckled, feeling so much better now that his mom was here.

"I miss you too momma." He said back. His attention shifted from her and over the hood of the car when he heard the door closed. His little sister, Ivy, got out the car with the biggest attitude she ever had. He was surprised to see her here but was still happy that she was. There was nothing wrong with seeing the entire family again.

"Hey, poison." He called her by her nickname. Ivy rolled her eyes and ignored him as she opened the back door. He figured she had an attitude and that was nothing new. It was a constant thing when they were home, so he wasn't surprised it was still going on.

"Mmm, don't mind her attitude boy. Could you get Harlow out please?" London questioned, opening the back door. Axel nodded his head reaching inside to get his niece.

He gave the six-month old baby a smile and she returned one. "Hey, munchkin." He cooed, unbuckling her strap then took her out. He grabbed her diaper bag as well then shut the door. He placed several kisses on her cheek, making her giggle. The sound of a baby giggling always got him.

"Sorry baby for the change of plans." London apologized after locking the car. She look back at Ivy who was leaning on the trunk of the car, arms folded with an attitude.

"Your sister can't stay home by herself anymore since she likes fighting for no reason." She continued explaining to him why all of a sudden it was her, Ivy, and Harlow attending. Plans always changed when it came to this family and the reason behind it was the same individual.

Ivy Marie Browne.

"You're still on that." Ivy remarked, rolling her eyes. "You've been speaking on it for the past week. Let it go." She slowly spoke to her mother.

"Yes, I am still on this. It's the fact that it's a constant thing and I'm sick of it." London retorted.

Ivy rolled her eyes again, "In all honesty, it's getting annoying."

"Well, if I had other stuff to talk about when it comes to you then I would mention it. Unfortunately, I don't." London gave Ivy an irritated look only to end up with an eye roll as usual.