Freshmen 18

ɴᴏᴡ ᴘʟᴀʏɪɴɢ
𝐅𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭 𝐍𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭 𝐛𝐲 𝐌𝐢𝐠𝐨𝐬
ılıılıılıılıılıılı
ᴠᴏʟᴜᴍᴇ: ▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮
𝟷𝟾:𝟶𝟶 ○─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎ 𝟸𝟻:𝟶𝟶
◁︎     ||     ▷︎

🏀

Hampton University
Tue. Oct. 9th, 12:02 pm
"Rumble Carter Rumble"

"We'll be having a test on the reading on the 25th of October. There will be an essay that needs to be written about one of the themes in the story. You are allowed to use the book for textual evidence only. It'll be a seventy-five question test as well." Herbert explained while writing on the board.

"Wait, hold on!" Bryon exclaimed, Herbert turning his head to face the boy. His face showed annoyance for being interrupted.

"What?"

"I don't think I heard you correctly, but you said we're having a text on the 25th?" Bryson repeated what Herbert said. Instead of answering, Herbert underlined the date multiple times.

"Is that not what it says?" He remarked.

Bryson chuckled, shaking his head. "Herbert, that's homecoming weekend. Having a test on the kickoff of homecoming is crazy." Bryson informed him.

Herbert shrugged his shoulders, "Does it look like I care?" he questioned. The whole class, including Bryson, stared at the blank expression on Herbert face. It wasn't already clear as day, Herbert didn't care about homecoming. Not one bit.

Bryson let out a small chuckle, not believing what he was hearing. "Professor-"

"Like I said our test is on the 25th of October. If you do not attend class that day for whatever reason that'll result in an automatic zero. You will not be able to redo it or even take it. So, if I was you I'll be in class and forget about your stupid homecoming." Herbert muttered the last part to himself.

No one else heard him beside Shai who ended up making eye contact with Herbert. He looked away soon after and went back to writing on the yellow sticky note he had. He made sure to write down the test day and placed it on his laptop so he didn't forget. This test would either make or break his grades. And though studying wasn't a common activity he took the time to do, he knew he needed to get on it asap if he wanted to pass.

Herbert concluded his speech then ended the class for the day. Shai packed up his stuff while overhearing his classmate Bryson complaining about the test already. They had about two weeks before homecoming which was enough time to prepare for it. Shai didn't worry about it though. Leaving the class, he headed down the lecture hall and out the building. Soon as he step out, he came face to face with a slim brown skin girl holding papers in her hand. She aggressively shoved a paper in Shai's hand not allowing him to decline the offer.

"Homecoming events are listed as follows. Tickets are on sale, half off. But through the student portal!" The girl shouted loudly in folks face soon as they walked out.

Shai continued walking after going around the young girl. He could still hear her shouting those three sentences. Shai looked down at the flyer he was handed and saw the events that was going to take place during homecoming. There was a tailgate, the football game, a concert, and more activities which were going to be announced later. It was Shai's first homecoming in college, so he thought maybe he'd should go to all these events.