Freshmen 44

ɴᴏᴡ ᴘʟᴀʏɪɴɢ
𝐈𝐧 𝐌𝐲 𝐁𝐥𝐨𝐨𝐝 𝐛𝐲 𝐒𝐡𝐚𝐰𝐧 𝐌𝐞𝐧𝐝𝐞𝐬
⇆ㅤ||◁ㅤ❚❚ㅤ▷||ㅤ↻

🏀

Hampton University
Mon. Dec. 9th, 3:42pm
"Can't Take It No More"

"Coach obviously is in need of a team because there's no fucking way this nigga is on the team and he's ass!" Elijah exclaimed while tossing his arms up.

It seemed as if the weekend went by fast and it was already Monday. Shai was looking forward for today since it was the first day of practice. He was still excited to know he was on the team. Officially. He didn't have any issues with being late since he left class early. He was even able to FaceTime Dess before heading to the gym. Everything was going great. That was until Elijah McDougall came in and started his usually bullshit.

It has been on his mind since Friday. Elijah complained the entire week as he wondered how Shai got on the team. Actually, all the five boys that came back to tryouts were on the team. No cuts. Surprisingly. Elijah wasn't concerned about the other boys since they all feared him. Somewhat. The other four boys knew their place as freshmen and knew the vets pretty much ran the court.

They were going to let them do them. Shai, on the other hand, refused to let anyone bitch him around. Especially, not a dude like Elijah. They only been in the gym for five minutes and Elijah was already making his hatred for Shai known. Once again.

"Like coach really can't be serious right now." Elijah continued, placing his attention on Shai.

Shai was leaned back on the bleachers with everyone surrounding him. Other people would feel attacked and maybe even threatened to have nine other boys surrounding them. But, Shai, was chilling. Not in the mood nor fazed by what was going on. Elijah was even standing right in front of him too. Shai knew nothing would happen because Elijah was scary. That was clear as day.

"This nigga not even good." Elijah continued his rant. He was doing what everyone else wasn't, speaking the truth. Him, Ameer, and Dustin spoke over the weekend and came to the conclusion that having Shai on the team was not a plus like people thought.

It was going to be a disaster. All eyes on Shai. Everyone coming to see him. Everyone shouting his name. Everyone forgetting about the other nine players. They refused to allow that to happen, so they were going to handle it. Elijah was their voice. Who was going to take action? One would have to find out.

"Please shut the fuck up." Shai finally spoke. He was over hearing Elijah's voice and being in his presence. His mood shifting quickly because of a bum never sat right with Shai. He hated how he allowed Elijah to get under his skin so easily.

"Nigga, fuck what you saying. You don't belong on this team bruh. Talent? Nowhere to be found in you dawg. Coach putting you on the team is for sympathy reasons." Elisha raised his voice in attempt to sound hard.

Shai raised his brow. "Sympathy?"

"Yeah, sympathy." Elijah nodded his head. "We all know ya family life bruh. It's all over the internet. Coach feels sorry for the shit you been through and put you on the team to help you out. You're not that good."

"Right. And coach told you this personally?" Shai remarked, crossing his arms. "Or are you just saying this because you know that I'm better than you and you can't take it? Because I think that's the actual issue here. You feel threatened and you should be honestly."