Chapter 13 Torn From You (Goldie)

(A/N: hello lovelies! Just a quick note that when you see chapters like this, it's the same rules as before but now they are their own separate chapter! Happy reading! ~Nightmare)

He had to rest. Goldie knew he had to, there was no ands or buts about it. Though he just couldn't. After coming back from being inside your mind and seeing what you saw, he couldn't close his eyes to sleep.

Instead he just rested his head against the wall gazing off into the distance as you rested your head against his lap. This was his fault. He just knew it somehow it was his fault. You relied on him. You called out to him to save you. Yet this is how he helped.

He felt like a fool. He truly felt like one compared to shadow's meticulous planning. If be was stronger or if he was faster maybe he could have saved you from all this pain. Goldie really hated himself. (You we're all he really ever had. Sure he's always had Freddy, but you made him feel as if he was more than just the younger brother. He was his own person with you.)

Why? Why him? Goldie narrowed his gaze lost in his own mind. He didn't get it. Why did the puppet choose him to be the dream demon? Surely Freddy was a better fit? Or was it because he was clever enough to evade death longer than the others? (He never understood his connection to the puppet. But the puppet knew what it wanted, and told him exactly what it wanted.)

All these years, it just didn't make sense. You've been gone out of their lives so long, and some how you came back. Somehow that mortal man was still around, as if he expected you to return. This all felt so planned. Yet some how it just didn't make sense.

Goldie wanted to know what was going on. He wanted to be able to see where this would lead you, but he couldn't. No matter how hard he wanted to peer through time and see what happens to you he couldn't. He felt helpless.

Goldie shut his eyes taking in a deep breath. What else was he supposed to do to keep you safe? You only remembered because the puppet wanted you to right now in this moment. It wasn't even him who made it less painful. (And your guardian, that boy, goldie vaguely remembers him but it's been years.)

His mind was just going through a lot as he thought over everything he had seen and encountered. He wanted answers, he hated not knowing what was to come. But he had to accept there were no answers.

How miserable was that? The one person he wanted to truly protect and he had no way of knowing how to protect you. His eyes opened, staring off again listening to the silence. (Everyone had left the main show room, they didn't want to bother the two of you.) 

It was frustrating, that desire to protect but being unable to fulfill it. Goldie knew he was more human than the others, but he also knew they were far more human than he ever would be. He was a demon now, his hatred for that man who killed him and the others still lingered in his mind. He didn't care if shadow was the one orchestrating the whole thing. He knew who had really killed him, and there brought forth his resentment.

He wanted to make that man's life a living nightmare. He wanted him to suffer. But he never acted upon those hate filled desires. Still, he wasn't human anymore. He aged like he should have, but his abilities kept him far from the mortal world. (He felt more like a fallen Angel than a dream demon.)

The others though they aged the same were different, the only power they had was the connection to their souls that allowed them to be human again for brief periods of time. They were better off than he ever will be. (Not to mention they had each other, he rarely ever talked to anyone else besides you or Freddy unless he had to.)