Chapter 16 Just A Whisper Away (Goldie)

It's quite. No one bothered him. No one knew to even think about bothering him. Isn't that how Goldie preferred it? He had to think. Reach out towards what he wanted.

The room was dimly lit, candles flickering on the floor of parts and services, casting shadows onto his face. The darkness not quite consuming him. (He had found the candles in the kitchen. They would work for what he had wanted.)

This was ideal. Half doused in light half in the darkness. If he wanted this to work this was the perfect situation. He was a bit nervous trying to reach out like he was planning. But he had to hear your voice again. He had to know you're alive.

With that goldie took a deep breath, his eyes closed. To anyone else that may have walked in to the room, he would have looked silly. Perhaps even like a wicked witch in a story fixing to cast her next spell.

Of course he's not evil like that, nor did he ever want to be. But  he was desperate to find you. He thought maybe he could try and reach out with his connection with you. (He didn't want to rely on Vincent even if he trusted Freddy's judgment.)

Goldie thought maybe, just maybe he could hear you calling to him again like you had managed to do hours ago. Goldie knew he wasn't as strong a dream demon as shadow, he could still try to break through to you.

He had to focus. To reach out. Feel your soul. Your presence. Where are you. He feels, something. Like you're lost. In denial. Why? He needs a deeper connection. He had to have a deeper connection.

Do not pursue this.

A voice called out to him. Though unfortunately it wasn't yours. Telling him he had to stop what he was doing. Goldie opened his eyes and slumped his shoulders. He frowned.

He knew the attempts he was making to connect with you were apart of the darker side of dream demons. He was just so desperate to find you he resulted in trying to use darker means.

Goldie sighed, he can't argue with that voice. He had to listen. Besides if you were here to watch him you wouldn't want that for him either.

Blowing out the candles, he cleaned all his mess up. Tossing the candles away in the trash can in the room goldie stared  at the wax as it melted. Watching it as it dripped against the plastic bag lining the can.

What was the point in having these powers? What was the point of even being here if he couldn't fight one of the beings that threatened his friends. That took you.

Goldie wanted to scream. He was so frustrated with himself for not being able to protect you. He let you slip away from his grasp. He should have followed you home. He shouldn't have bothered with hearing your opinion and just gone to be sure you'd be okay.

You wouldn't have even remembered anything this quickly if he had been more vigilant. Goldie was doing nothing but beating himself up. (It was hard for him not to, when he let himself get so close to you again.)

He can't be in this room anymore, he's got to get out of the darkness and at least be with Freddy. (Goldie would never say it out loud, but to him Freddy was all he ever really had. Even if he was jealous of his spot light and how the others idolized him, even when they were younger, Freddy was always true family. If you weren't here that was all he had as an anchor to keep himself calm.)