Chapter 7 A World Within The Mind

You're so cold, it's so cold. Your body shook from the chills that racked across your body, hands wanting to desperately warm your arms even if it was a seemingly impossible task. Why are you so cold? Why is it so dark? Where are you?

Your breathing was heavy, and it was then you realized tears were streaming down your face for some reason. Why were you crying? So many questions but unfortunately nothing to be answered.

"Where are you?" A voice called out through the darkness, low with a hidden sinister tone. You found yourself covering your mouth to keep your breathing from being too loud, holding your breath even if that was pointless.

He's going to find me!

Your tears fell faster making you feel as if you were suffocating in them, you can't breath and the sound of foot steps was getting closer. The darkness around you didn't seem so dark anymore allowing you to barely make out your surroundings.

Fresh blood was splashed on the floor, coating it in a dark crimson color clashing with the black and white checkered floor, just pouring out from behind a closed door. (It seemed like someone was dragged from out here inside the room with the closed door.)

"Come on! I don't have all day!" The voice growled it's fake friendliness fading with obvious impatience. The footsteps are getting closer and you didn't know what to do, you can't do anything paralyzed without fear curling up further where you were sitting hidden behind a drawer. (At least, to a little kid, it looked like a drawer.)

Do not be afraid.

The words were spoken and yet they weren't heard. Just merely, perceived. Don't be afraid? But you're scared, the scary rabbit is going to get you.

You are safe, if-if-if-

The words were repeating like a broken record caught on a loop. If what? Suddenly this whole reality you seemed to be in was melting away, even if you were still sitting in the same place. Though with what little light was around you could see you had blood on your clothes and arms and hands. It was pretty much all over you.

Where did this come from? Who's is it? Is it mine?

Your thoughts were just running so fast and then at last you stood up looking down at your shaking hands.

"Y-you can't-" the meek voice called out to you causing you to look towards it. You were met with a little boy tears streaming down his face clutching some sort of bear to his chest. (It sort of...reminds you of goldie.) You wanted to approach the boy, finding he was so familiar, someone you feel like you hold very close to your heart. (Like someone would hold a sibling.)

"Don't cry." You tried to soothe taking a step closer your body moving on its own accord. The boy clutched his bear tighter to his chest looking up at you with wide eyes.

"He's going to get you! D-daddy is going to hurt you! Please don't remember!" His words were confusing to you. What are you not supposed to remember? And who is his father?

So many questions yet so little answers is that all this is ever going to be? Your mind was reeling and as you thought to yourself you failed to see the hand reaching for you in the darkness. That was until suddenly it grasped your shoulder causing you to freeze.

"I found you!" The sing song like tone to the words made you jolt with fear. But you never turned around never saw the eyes that belonged to your stalker. Instead you merely woke up.

You groaned unwilling to wake up, even if your phone was screaming at you with a set alarm to do just that. You rolled to your side finding you had been sleeping on your back through majority of sleep.