Chapter 12 Break My Mind

Something felt wrong again. Maybe you were just anxious after everything. Goldie didn't tell you what had happened last night, with that intruder, and the dreams?

The only thing still driving you to go back to work right now were your friends. You wanted to seem them. (You wanted to see one in particular the most.)

So why did you feel this way again? Your head was pounding, did you have another migraine coming on? You haven't had one of those in years. You groaned in pain as it got worse feeling your head throbbing as you pulled into work.

(Y/N).

You felt dizzy. Was that someone calling your name? You looked up from the steering wheel. The world was spinning before you. What was wrong with you?

You forced yourself to keep going. Forced yourself to get out of the car even if you felt as though the floor was about to slip from under you. You just kept moving like this was normal. Taking step after step towards the glass doors sticking your key inside the lock.

(Y/N).

There's the voice again. Maybe it was just goldie. Yeah. Maybe it was just him. You tried to convince yourself it was as you looked at your reflection.

Boo.

Your eyes widened at the sight. It's the monster! You gasped and turned around finding no one was behind you. Your breathing hitched. Every bone in your body screamed at you to move. Run! So you did, you pushed the doors open quickly rushing to the safety of inside the pizzeria.

It seems you've got no time left.

The voice was definitely inside your head and caused you to skid back as you jumped stopping in your sprint. The monster. He was real. An amalgamation of man and monster. He was like a living shadow, his body moved even though he stayed still as if it was unable to take physical form.

What was he? Who is he?

Your mind raced as you tried to look for a way out. This had to be another bad dream right? Another horrible dream! You're still at home sleeping unaware that's your alarm is blaring. That's what this is a dream.

"I'm afraid," the monster moved its hands from behind its back flicking its nails its grin hidden behind a mask with perfect teeth, "this is all very real."

You slowly took a step back, you tried to control your breathing. Remind yourself you're an adult and that you can handle this rationally. But this fear was irrational. It struck you deep in the soul and remained rooted there.

"Ah, that's a lovely feeling isn't it? That fear, that helplessness?" The man never spoke aloud. His lips never moved from beneath his mask, but his voice was clear inside your mind. You inched closer towards the doors.
"Our meeting has been a long awaited one, I've been with you for years. Waiting until something finally let me get close to you."

The monster moved closer as he spoke, the teeth on his stomach seemed to breath opening slightly as if it dared you to put your hand close to it. The sight was sick, the way the skin stuck to the teeth like gums.

"Oh? That wasn't very nice." The man laughed in your mind stopping his steps.
"But I suppose I'm being rude."

Your body shook uncontrollably. You just knew that the monster in front of you was powerful. Your mind cried out for the one person you wanted most. You wanted them to save you. Or at least hear you. The monster laughed.

"I'm not going to kill you, not yet anyway. Relax I thought we were having a lovely chat little dove." The man smiled, and though you couldn't see it you knew it was twisted humored at the way you choked on your own breath.