Chaptet 16 Just A Whisper Away (Chica)

It's quite. No one really had much to say, though it's not as if Chica had much to say either. Her legs dangled from beneath her as she sat at the edge of the stare staring down at the ground.

You're still missing. Leaving her alone and worried. She continued to twist the fabric of her apron as if that would help relieve some of the worry that was placed upon her shoulders. It didn't do very much.

It's been a few hours now since she heard that conversation, about the pizzeria closing, as if things just couldn't get worse. She wished you were here so bad. If you were here everything would be okay! She should have gone home with you that day. Though again what did she hope to accomplish against shadow?

Chica bit her lip feeling tears wielding in her eyes. She wanted to cry so badly. But she also wanted to stay strong for you. How could she cry when you needed her to be strong? (Still a few tears slipped dampening the white apron in her hands.)

She missed you so much. And the idea that you were alone and suffering most likely tore her to shreds. She knew what it was like to be alone and scared and she didn't want that for you. It was the last thing she'd ever want for you.

But fate was cruel. This wasn't a fairytale it was a nightmare and she had to remember that. Remember that she's not human anymore and you are still. Chica sniffled continuing her intense staring contest with the floor.

She hated this. The waiting. If she didn't respect Freddy so much she'd run away and go look for you herself! She's not sure where she'd look. She doesn't even know the area well anymore, she's sure it's changed since that day, but she'd still try. Try her best for you.

You're waiting for her. She just knew it. Even if she didn't tell the others she had heard your voice in her head she knew it was there for a reason. She just wished she could rush out and save you now.

Wishing was such a childish thing.

Chica twirled the fabric of her apron between her hands. Wringing it out in her anxiety. It's hard to be strong for someone who wasn't with you. You couldn't see her, but she knew if you saw her like this you'd be upset. She didn't want to be the crybaby around you. Or the scared little girl. She wanted to protect you. (Even if there wasn't much she could do against shadow.)

Freddy continued his pacing behind her, quick with each step walking in a set rhythm, it sounded like music. She hummed a little along in the hope that it would help her.

If only she could see you walking through the doors of the pizzeria again. A smile on your face and an eager attitude for the night. What would the two of you do? Play a board game! Or maybe watch a movie, on your phone or something. (She just wanted to spend any time with you.)

Her mind got lost, twirling around and entertaining the thoughts of your return.

The door creaked open, causing her to quickly look up listening closely to the glass as it shut behind who ever was walking in. Her heart swelled with hope. Maybe it was you! Coming in to say that you had just pulled some sick elaborate joke and that you're okay! But the fantasy was quickly shattered as Chica smelt the cigarette smoke.

Vincent was strolling down the entrance hallway. Both hands in his pockets seeming annoyed with the world. He had been gone for a while for questioning it seemed. Chica didn't care all that much. He was the only one who knew where you were and she just wanted to know where that was!

There was no time to waste. Chica was quick to hop down from the edge of the stage, puffing out her dress making sure everything was in order afterwards. (The whole time Vincent stared at her stopping in his footsteps to confused at her sudden pace.)