Chapter 10 The Purple Piece

Key:(L/N)=Last Name

The car ride to work felt too quite. No matter what music you put on, or what radio station you had blasting as you drove, it just felt off. Which was odd already as you felt okay waking up earlier and leaving (F/N) for the night. Your grip tightened on your steering wheel anxiously.

Maybe it was because it just rained, and there was always some sort of odd fog after rain. Or maybe it's because you've got a lot on your mind already. The weird dream, remembering something from your past, your mind was going through a lot. Not to mention the nightmares.

Yeah everything's fine I'm sure it is.

You sighed to the thought slumping your shoulders as your car sped past a few puddles on the side of the road. You just felt like now something was wrong. Even if you had no reason for it. Slowly you turned into Freddy's, ignoring the bright lights as they reflected against the wet concrete still anxious in your thoughts.

Maybe I should ask Goldie if he could see if somethings wrong in the pizzeria.

You frowned, parking your car. Something in your chest turned, like someone had a grasp on your heart and was squeezing it. Or maybe it was more like strings against your heart puppeteering you to stay away from Freddy's. What ever it was, it reminded you of your first night here.

Goldie? Can you hear me?

You leaned against the steering wheel, gazing out crossing your arms just slightly. You felt stupid for calling out like that. You didn't even know if it worked like that. Honestly you don't even know how dream demons work! Still you guessed it was worth a shot.

Goldie?

You huffed to yourself the second time. Now you felt ridiculous. There's no way he could possibly-

"Is something the matter (Y/N)?" Though the smooth voice was inside your mind instead of being at your side, you still jumped looking around wildly. Your body was stiff, but quickly relaxed as you reminded yourself you asked him to be here.

"(Y/N)?" Goldie sounded more concerned, now sitting at your side speaking aloud. His sudden entrance made you jump again. You released a shaky breath meeting his white pupils.

"Ah-sorry, you just scared me a little." You clutched your uniform. Goldie furrowed his brows but didn't say much knowing you had more to say.
"I also didn't expect you to come."

"And why wouldn't I?" Goldie tilted his head to the side away from you, arching a single eyebrow in question.
"Despite everything, you still are my...friend."

The word friend felt bitter, to Goldie at least, for you complex. Goldie wasn't one to admit feelings, but still he found it odd how bitter the taste was of a single word. (Though he chose to ignore it, that didn't mean there wasn't a strange twinge in his heart.)

"It's just that," you hesitated desperately searching for the right words, "I don't really know how your uh "powers" work. I didn't think you'd answer I guess, I felt kinda dumb just calling out inside my mind."

You played a bit with your hands, unable to keep still as you shifted in your chair, nerves getting the better of you. Your gaze was averted, and Goldie let himself crack a slight smile. Though small it was still present. (He wasn't sure why, but there was something about how shy and silly you felt that struck him as almost cute.)

Your eyes finally found the courage to meet his though after a long pause of silence, and as soon as your (E/C) eyes met his he hardened his expression back to its normal stoic nature.

"You obviously thought wrong, I will always be here for you no matter what." Goldie couldn't help the seriousness of his voice, a deep frown etched itself onto his lips. For you this was all new, he had to remember that, but for him? It wasn't.