Chapter 18 I Will Wait For You (Freddy)

You're slipping away. Like sand through his fingers. Riding in the very back of the mini van like this was bumpy, but Freddy did all that he could do to keep you safe. He knew in his heart you don't blame him for anything that's happened, but despite that fact it was hard to ignore everything that had transpired.

For now shadow was gone. Destroyed in the fire silenced for a few years until he regained his strength. But what about you? All that was left to save you now was stuffing you into a suit into the back. But Freddy couldn't bare the responsibility that was placed on his shoulders.

Seeing you like this and knowing just what had to be done to see you and hear you speak again was an unbearable feeling. But in the end it was a decision that had to be made.

Vincent's car raced across the street, taking the road straight back to the pizzeria. Your final moments of life were at hand. Your breathing became more spaced out, slower, you're at deaths door.

Please hang on just a bit longer love.

Freddy frowned as he directed his thoughts to you. Even if you couldn't hear him it was the effort that counted. His fingers softly brushed away some dirt off your skin, frowning at the blood that now dried against it staining your once clean skin.

Was he making the right choice? Wanting to stuff you into a suit in order to save you. Was that the right thing to do? Freddy felt conflicted again. Unless this is what the puppet wanted.

The puppet, he didn't know much about them. Just that they gave him and his friends and family now life. And that they had a very close connection to you. At first from what he understood the puppet was adamant that it wasn't time for you to remember, but then allowed you to unlock all your memories at once. (Or so he assumed.)

Just what were they thinking? Did they know this was going to happen all along? Freddy just couldn't understand and not knowing the answers or knowing what he's supposed to do was driving him crazy. Still, seeing you sleeping taking your final breaths he knew he couldn't just let you die.

The car raced over a speed bump, jerking everyone slightly as the van pulled into the parking lot of the pizzeria. Everyone got out and rushed to the trunk trying to help you and Freddy out.

"F-fr-Freddy?" Your voice was hoarse still, nothing but a soft whisper as your eyes partially opened meeting his blue ones. This would be the last time you'd see him for now isn't it.

Freddy smiled at you as the trunk opened. His fingers brushing away the stray pieces of hair that refused to stay in place holding you close to his chest again.

"I'm here. It's okay, I've got you. We're safe now." Freddy's voice was soft. Threatening to crack as his eyes slightly watered at the thought of loosing you. You hummed in response. Smiling up at him before falling back asleep. His smile fell replaced with a serious expression, now he was on a mission.
"Let's go."

The others followed silently as Freddy made it to the entrance, kicking the door to open it. Everyone aside from goldie and Vincent too scared to get close to him as he marched forward. (It was very rare that Freddy kicked something like that after all.)

"Hey!" Vincent hissed matching freddy's quick pace as he entered the pizzeria. (It smelt like moldy pizza and socks. Did it always smell like this? Maybe Freddy didn't notice because he's lived here for years now.)
"Hey I'm talking to you Fazbear!"

Vincent blocked Freddy from perusing his path to parts and services, frustrated.

"Out of my way Afton." Freddy's eyes darkened, impatience's in his voice. A tone no one's heard before.