Chapter 18 I Will Wait for You (Chica)

It's too quite. It's like everyone knew that this was all for nothing. Tension lingered in the air, leaving Chica hardly able to breath. This was it, it felt like the final chapter of a fairy tale, but could she save you?

Fear had a firm grip upon her, keeping her trapped in its clutches as the car sped through the empty streets. Your breathing was shallow and slow, you'd sputter sometimes as if you couldn't always get air.

This just can't be it. This can't be how the story ends! With you defeated and dead. Her fingers gently braided a piece of your hair in an effort to sooth her mind, but she gave up quickly once she got to work. Unable to keep her focus.

She lifted your wrist, wanting to feel your touch against her face, only to stop herself midway. Fingers gently pressing against your skin, checking your pulse. Your heart was slowing down.

Panic rippled through her, causing her eyes to grow wide as she hastily turned around seeing the back of the boy's heads. She had to say something. But as she opened her mouth, only a wobbly gasp escaped her. Tears burned her eyes as she fought them back. She quickly looked back towards you seeing the peaceful look upon your face.

Lowering her head she trusted her friends to get the two of you back to the pizzeria in time. She gently lifted your body from her knees, holding you close as the car took a sharp hasty turn. She felt as though she had no time left with you. Was this really it? No she can't keep thinking that. She has to hold her hope close.

The car skidded to a stop, jerking everyone inside violently. They're here. She heard everyone scramble to get out, and braced her self to run to the door once the trunk opened. As if on cue with her thoughts it began to lift, and the moment there was enough room for her to dash she did.

Her heels pounded against the pavement, rushing towards the glass doors that kept her from the inside of the pizzeria. She couldn't wait for much longer.

"Chica wait!" Freddy shouted as the boys followed fast behind her. She only moved for Vincent who had the keys to the building, tapping her foot impatiently.

"Hurry!" She suddenly snapped, earning a sharp side eye from the purple man before her. But she didn't care, she has to get you to parts and services as soon as possible. The moment the door was opened she ran inside, turning to look behind her as Bonnie, Freddy, and foxy ran to keep up.
"Come on! We-we can make it!"

She was trying to hold on to hope as she ran, rushing to the metal door that read Parts and Services italicized. She forced it open, swallowing as it creaked in defiance at the action. Her eyes darted around, looking around for a suit to use for you.

"Chica." Freddy called again, holding the door open as she entered the room fully, moving for Bonnie and Foxy to enter after him.

"We have to save her!" Chica turned to look at him, tears wielding in her eyes. No! Stop crying!

"We will!" Bonnie grasped her shoulder gently squeezing it as he looked down at your fragile body.
"Together."

Chica swallowed thickly, meeting his gaze before she nodded drawing a steady breath.

"Ye hold on to the Lass, we'll clear the table and find a suit." Foxy was on the other side of her, offering a timid smile. Chica wasn't sure what to say, staying silent as the others moved around her.

She held you close gazing down at your tattered and torn body with a heavy heart. Seeing you in the light, she can see all the damage shadow had done to you a bit more clearly. How long did he have you for? Her heart ached in her chest, but she can save you now. And you won't die alone like she did.