Epilogue (Till We Meet Again)

Tick. Tick. Tick.

The clock in his home was an incessant reminder that time was marching forward. In a matter of days the pizzeria was shut down, the animatronics removed, leaving nothing but an empty husk of his past. (The company was now lost from him too, aside from the occasional check for being a shareholder. Though they too would fall once word gets out about the closing of another Freddy's.)

Vincent swirled around the drink in his hand as he sat forward. The tv was on, but it's noise was nothing more than a lost distraction.

So this was it huh? His deal with Shadow fell through, though what more did he expect? When you mess with demons they tend to lie. Truth be told he got out of that rather lucky. The price for defiance in the way he had behaved as death. But at the same time technically he had fulfilled his end of the deal. Being the one to kill you.

Still how did he feel about it?

You were the first he set his eyes upon for a reason. And there was a reason that he's stuck around this town looking for you due to shadow's orders. Reasons he didn't want to admit being caused by vengeance for what he had done to him.

Vincent took a swig of his drink, only to in turn stare at his sunken reflection in the liquid. In a way his new identity was a way of him running away. Running away from who he really was.

Whether he was "Dave" or "Vincent" or what ever other name he'd come up with to avoid detection for his crimes, Vincent will always be William Afton deep down. The man with an idea. The innovator who had a dream.

William came to terms with the darkness that lingered behind his real name. Because of him, his company was set to fail. Isn't that how Henry wanted it? Hidden behind a kind hearted inventor persona. That crook.

William slammed his drink down upon the side table, pushing himself up with harsh breaths. Thinking about that day that his true colors shimmered through made his blood boil. His daughter, the blood.

Shoving it down, Vincent returned to call himself the lie. Dragging his feet towards the coat hanger, Vincent fished for his cigarettes before stepping outside into the night.

The sun had already set, leaving it pitch black outside the condominium he lived in. The only light being from the flame ignited from his lighter after a few tries. And once it had been used to light the cigarette, it too vanished in the night.

Vincent sucked in a deep breath, drawing the toxins into his body, before releasing it with a long sigh. What was he going to do now? He still was going to search for a way to bring his daughter back. He had to. Nothing would keep him from that.

A cold chill swept through the air, making Vincent shudder glancing around. It wasn't supposed to be this cold.

"Well, well, it's been a few days hasn't it?" The smooth voice echoed in his mind shaking Vincent to his core in a fear he refused to admit. Sliding his eyes over to his car, Vincent saw shadow alive and well standing nearby. (Though his fave was scarred, terrible burn gashes ran along his face, with soot sticking to his already darkened skin.)
"Didn't expect to see me back so soon? You know you can't get rid of me that easily now."

"What do you want. Isn't our deal over?" Vincent rolled his eyes taking another drag of his cigarette. Tapping the end of it once out of his mouth with his thumb allowing some ash to flake off.

"Oh no, far from it my friend." Shadow's form was similar to how you saw him for Vincent, due to his hatred. (And fear for the partner that used to dawn the fredbear suit.) his smile stretched far enough to almost surpass his mask.
"You see I've come to repay you."