Chapter 3 One More Error

(A/N: For this story this is what the crew will look like, of course it's all up to interpretation! Character sheets will be shared in later chapters. All art of them besides my cover is done by Pole-bear check them out! )

What was supposed to be a lively pizzeria was quite and only filled with the muffled whispers and gossip of the other employees as the opener sign was turned to read closed. Cawthon couldn't help but feel a bit irritated with the events of today, after bidding you farewell the rest of the day hadn't gone so well.

This really isn't looking good, in fact it seems as if every day this place gets closer and closer to shutting down. Families are getting more irritated, or even scared. People spreading rumors about the disappearance of the night guards. Even the police were involved on that one. It's as if everyday a new liability waited for poor cawthon.

Cawthon slumped his shoulders turning around to gaze at the man who stood behind him. It seemed the man was casually leaning against one of the pillars in the room smoking regardless of what any of the signs inside said.

"What are we going to do? This is the third time this week I've had to close early! I just wish someone would explain to me why we keep having to close so early!" Cawthon ran a hand down his face half irritated and half tired of everything that's been transpiring lately.

"Whaddya mean boss?" The man who was leaning on the pillar just merely spoke unfazed clearly. His arms crossed, all while removing the cigarette from his mouth to lazily flick the ashes onto the carpet.

Cawthon readjusted his tie avoiding the piercing eyes that followed him while lost in a world of his own. He wasn't sure what to even say, he didn't think he'd even have to say this in his life but here he was having to. Funny how that works.

"I'm talking about what happened today," cawthon hesitated weighing his words over, "serving old pizza like that. Having kids sick almost throwing up so fast! I don't even know how long that's been sitting there. This is the second time this month someone in the kitchen has served rancid pizza! At this rate I-I'm afraid we'll be shut down for sure. Not to mention the police already looking into us from previous guards going "missing"."

There was a moment of pause that lingered in the air, as both men just gazed at each other. Taking a drag of his cigarette the day shift guard sighed watching the smoke blow out from his mouth to the air. Like a dragon after just breathing fire.

"Looks to me like maybe," the man hummed a bit thinking about how to phrase this sentence, "someone doesn't know how to do their job."

Cawthon frowned, beginning to walk forward passing the man leaning against the wall to walk back towards the main show area.

"I can't just fire the whole kitchen staff if I can't narrow it down." Cawthon was trying to rationalize, truthfully he doubted someone back there wasn't paying attention. And with the rumors of the animatronics being haunted and not just mindless machines he was beginning to believe it really is haunted.

Sure cawthon knows what happens to the security guards but he's always brushed it off as an animatronic error and nothing more. A casualty while working. But he's really starting to believe this stuff.

"Hmph." the day shift guard had followed cawthon still smoking all the way trails of smoke following after him as the two men stopped just before the show stage.

"What?" Cawthon turned to look at the security guard with furrowed brows.

"Nothin' just think the best course of action would be to fire everyone of those idiots." The security guard sounded so cold as he spoke almost like he just could care less about the situation. Cawthon just remained silent. But that didn't last very long.