Chapter 1 Inauguration

Key: (Y/N)= your name
(F/N)= Friends name
(F/C)= Favorite color
(E/C)= eye color
(H/L)=Hair length
          (H/C)=Hair color

The silence was insulting, as if it was mocking you as you laid alone in bed surrounded by the darkness of the room. The darkness of the night. Even being isolated in the room you didn't feel completely alone. It felt as if the shadows were watching you with an intensity. Curiously watching every move you made as you rested deeply into the mattress.

Maybe it's paranoia, maybe it's stress, or maybe it's something else, but you feel as if tonight someone else was with you in your room. Your body shook, as if fear had struck it immediately. Like it sensed something you simply did not. You felt like a scared kid. Sinking into your blankets and clutching them staring at the sliding doors to your closet half expecting something to jump out at you.

Was your mind playing a horrible trick? Making you think something was watching you from within the closet, it's glowing eyes following every breath you took. It had to be stress, you had a job interview in the morning, maybe your body was trying to cope with the anxiety?

Regardless of what was happening, you knew you certainly didn't like it. Hearing the heavy footsteps in the hall you feared it was something coming to get you. Loud heavy footsteps. Like a robot. But you don't live alone. Your roommate, your best friend lives with you. Trying to rationalize fear was easier said than done.

No matter how many times you ran over the logical scenarios in your head, your mind was refusing to let you sleep. Or so it seemed. But sleep had taken hold of you with out your consent. Dragging you into the darkness of slumber, making you wait for the sunrise. Waiting so patiently for the sun to shine again.

BEEP.

BEEP.

BEEP.

Your alarm clock rang through the air, startling the morning silence and making it vanish hastily. You groaned involuntarily, turning to your side holding the blanket close to your head in a meek attempt to drown the sound. (Which has been playing for some time now.)

There was a heavy sigh in the room, and you assumed it was your best friend. (Or you hoped it was.) Not a word was said but the footsteps that followed after the breath of air were rushed and almost huffy. As if who ever was walking was frustrated.

With a single swish the curtains in your room were thrown open, revealing the light that had been blocked out from the dark fabric. The sunlight was warm against your skin, or what was peeking out of the blanket at least, soothing you into a state of contentment. If you bothered to open your eyes you'd be met with (F/N). Who casted a gaze of annoyance upon your "sleeping" form. But you refused to open your eyes regardless of who was there.

(F/N) rolled their eyes at your behavior. Seeing the way you were just so unwilling to even make any sort of attempt to pull yourself together so late in the afternoon. Did you stay up all night again? (It was a habit for you, a bad one.)

"(Y/N), come on, it's already 2:30! You've been asleep nearly all day!" (F/N) spoke loudly over your alarm clock which still screamed for you to wake up. You said nothing, body wrapped tightly in its cocoon made entirely of your blanket(s). You gripped the fabric tightly squeezing your eyes shut with a child like defiance.

A groan was your only response to (F/N) words as you attempted to bury your face into the safety of your pillow. You didn't care what time it was you just wanted to sleep. You just wanted one good night sleep.

"Don't be like that," (F/N) rolled their eyes placing a hand on their hip, "didn't you tell me you have a job interview today? You've been looking for a job for a few weeks now anyway. Do you really want to blow off this interview to sleep?"