Chapter 16 Just A Whisper Away (Freddy)

How much longer? How much more did he have to wait? Freddy didn't want to know but yet at the same time he did. Were you okay? Please hold out a little longer, it's not much more time now until he'd save you.

Freddy didn't want the others to know his anxieties. He didn't want them to know that he was so paranoid that he couldn't stand still. For now everyone went their own way, being in different rooms, leaving Freddy alone on stage.

He couldn't take it. Waiting for Vincent was excruciating. He had to know you were okay. He had to have you back in his arms. In his right embrace.

Freddy was pacing, there was nothing else for him to do except pace. He had to know what was going on with you, if you were okay, but he's left in the dark about it all.

Please be okay.

Freddy stopped in his steps to stare at the floor frowning deeply. He'd tear himself apart if you were suffering. But the realistic thing was you probably were. There was no telling what shadow could do to you, and it was making him sick to think about it.

All alone with no one to help you. Just like what he had gone through before he died. Though like the others Freddy only remembered shadow behind Vincent guiding in the killings. It was all he remembered really. (Though goldie remembered it all.)

The feeling didn't change though. The fear of being alone and having no one to help or save you. It was one he didn't want you to go through. He was going to save you. He had to.

The doors chimed down the hall causing Freddy's head to snap up looking down towards the hallway narrowing his gaze. At first he held his breath, unsure of who was walking through those doors and what he should do, but then he caught sight of purple. He exhaled standing straighter.

Vincent was brushing off his shoulder scoffing to himself as he walked through the entry hall, he seemed annoyed. Muttering to himself. Freddy just watched, as Vincent approached the show stage and took his cigarette out from between his teeth.

Freddy's gaze was piercing. He wanted answers and Vincent gave no acknowledgment of his staring. Just exhaling and putting the cigarette back into his mouth.

"Uhem." Freddy cleared his throat narrowing his eyes. Vincent finally looked up.

"Oh it's you." Vincent rolled his eyes stuffing his hands into his pockets leaning back away from the stage. Freddy pressed his lips together in a thin line. (A bit rude and uncalled for, in freddy's opinion at least.)

"Where is she." Freddy was cautious with his choice of words. Keeping his cool, remaining calm, but each word was sharp. He was done waiting. Vincent leaned against the stage a bit.

"Took me a while to find her, that bastard knew how to hide her." Vincent didn't answer the question directly, cigarette bouncing with his lips with each word.

"I won't ask again, where is she." Freddy was impatient now. He leaned down to gaze at Vincent with a hateful gaze. Vincent took the hint this time.

"He's got her hidden in a little cabin in the woods. It's mine, I used to use it as a vacation home for me and my family before-" Vincent's eyes darkened. He never finished the sentence. He just fell silent.

Freddy stood tall eyeing Vincent before he looked up towards the side. Goldie appeared as if he knew Freddy was about to call him looking towards his brother questioningly.

"Get the others. It's time." Freddy spoke inside his mind, goldie nodded and left in an instant.

There was nothing left to say now. Neither one of them wanted to speak as the others came into the room ready for action. Everyone wanted you to come home just as badly. (But Freddy knew that what he felt was more intense.)