Chapter 13 Torn From You (Freddy)

(A/N: hello lovelies! Just a quick note that when you see chapters like this, it's the same rules as before but now they are their own separate chapter! Happy reading! ~Nightmare)

You were out like a light, but Freddy knew that had to be from the mental exhaustion you had suffered. He had no way of telling what happened, but from the fact he didn't see his brother after you had woken up it must have been rough. (Goldie always hid his pain from the others.)

The time was ticking and Freddy refused to leave your side. The others had sort of whispered to themselves above it, but no one mentioned anything.

Freddy sighed, his back rested against the wall, where the booth had been pushed up against at the side, your head resting against his lap. You didn't stir not even once, no movement other than breathing. His blue eyes glanced down, at least you looked as if you were at peace.

His fingers played with your hair twirling strands between his index and middle fingers. So, it's true how he felt. Freddy knew there was no amount of denying it that would stop the feelings swelling up inside his chest. (Now he wished he was alive, would things be different?)

Anxiety was swallowing him whole as he thought over somethings sorting his feelings out. What if you just didn't like him like that? Would you find him weird for how he feels? You're his best friend, but is he still yours?

These were things no one else knew went through his head. He was the leader, he had to put on a front. But he just couldn't always. In times like this when he's alone he's consumed in his thoughts anxiety and fears swallowing him whole. He's the strong one, the one people look up towards. He had no one to share the weight.

Then somehow, you fell back into his life. Maybe it was just life playing a cruel joke on him taunting him to think that things would be okay. That he would get to have his happiest day again, though this time with you by his side.

He just couldn't believe it so easily that things would work out so effortlessly, and yet he still had hope. He watched as your (H/C) hair fell from between his fingers gently falling back to rest against the side of your face.

You looked like an Angel laying there, and yet what was he? Well he wasn't a demon. He knew that. But he wasn't good enough to be an Angel. (He's killed people, but he was so consumed in his vengeance for what happened that day and trying to find out if any of those guards worked for shadow he didn't even stop to think they were innocent until it was over.)

He was just lucky he guessed. Lucky to have you here. Lucky that when you needed him you came to him. Lucky that he was your first thought and no one else came close. Lucky. Isn't that what he's always been told?

He knew that Goldie resented him sometimes. Maybe it was because of how everyone sees him. Or maybe it was how he was treated. But he'd always use that word. Freddy was so lucky. (But perhaps now wasn't the time to reflect on his issues when you needed him.)

"F-Freddy?" Your soft voice reached his ears, making them twitch at the top of his head as he blinked out of his dazed state. You were confused. It was almost as if you half expected to wake up at home in bed not in his lap still at work. Freddy just smiled gently at you, eyes soft no longer far away.

"Yes?" He spoke softly, afraid that if he got any louder than how he sounded you'd be scared.

You just looked up at him, the gears in your mind were turning quickly piecing everything together. It was hard to comprehend everything that was running inside your mind. Memories felt fresh and yet so old. (It was like you were wondering why they felt that way.)