Chapter 11 Looming Shadow

(A/N: It's time for our main villain! I know it's nightmare Freddy and not shadow Freddy, but he fits the role better look wise for what I want illustrated later)

Today was the big day, at least for Mr. Cawthon. The pizzeria had closed early for the day, so the police could properly investigate the disappearance of the last security guard. The truth was no one really knew his name. But the poor guy was no where to be found, the police assumed he was a homeless man trying to get back in the work force. (Hence why everyone who knew him only called him Phone Guy.)

Still that didn't mean it was something to be ignored, especially at a kids location. It was nerve wracking really, even if Cawthon had done nothing wrong he was an easy target to point the finger at. If only he hadn't of opened his own franchise. But then again how we he supposed to know all these tragedies would ensue?

Vincent on the other hand, was anything but nervous. This was more tedious than anything. He felt like everyday this happened, even though that wasn't the case. But still, the police in this city were useless. The only thing they had managed to do was close down a competing kid's restaurant called Candy's because it wasn't up to code. (Not that Freddy's was any better, but it had this special magic of getting people to turn a blind eye.)

It was rather noisy, officers talked to one another taking a few files that had information about that week as well as a few interviews with some of the other employees. The ones that cared enough to stay.

"Excuse me, sir?" Vincent didn't want to acknowledge who ever had just spoken to him, he wanted to stand here and just observe. But instead he slowly allowed his gaze to carry over to see a younger officer standing before him.

The young man's eyes kept glancing towards the show stage, clearly feeling on edge being so close to the gang. (Though he had every right to be, they were watching.)

"Yeah?" Vincent flicked a few ashes off his cigarette, bored clearly, before taking another deep breath with it.

"I'd like to ask you a few questions regarding the night your coworker," the young officer flicked through some paper work in his hand seeming to search for something, "Phone Guy."

Vincent wanted to snort and roll his eyes. Can this kid just not get over the nickname? It's the only thing anyone really knew about the guy. But it's not like he can say no, at least not with out getting a few raised eyebrows.

"Sure." Vincent sighed looking towards the animatronics with a leer. He felt like this was going to take awhile.

Flicking through a few more papers on the clip board, the officer seemed to find what he was looking for. Clicking his pen began to write down a few things before finally speaking.

"Can I have your full name please?" The officer looked upon expectingly making Vincent want to huff.

"Vincent Heliotrope." Short sweet and to the point. After all why would he need to over explain his name? The officer did give him a bit of an odd look but brushed it off, the kid was clearly new.

"Did you know Mr. phone guy?" The officer was scribbling away onto the paper, still seeking to fill in some information before Vincent even answered the next question.

"No." Vincent so desperately wanted to roll his eyes and be done with this. He was already done the moment the kid came over. But he had to grin and bare it. After all, if he gets taken for questioning it'll slow things down. And now all Vincent had to do was set up a way to lure you to him.

"So you hadn't talked to him at all, not even before his shifts or during the day if he had come in at any point in time?" The officer hesitated in his writing looking at Vincent curiously.