Chapter 18 I Will Wait for You (Goldie)

You can't be the one to save her. You know that, don't you?

That voice, it was one goldie didn't have time for right now. His eyes gazed upon your limp form as you dangled from his grasp. It was quite in the pizzeria, in the maintenance room.

He knew he couldn't be the one to stuff you. No matter how much he wanted to save you in this moment he knew it could not be him. But that didn't stop the bitterness that was coursing through his body.

Your breathing was shallow, as if you were loosing oxygen by the second. All of it being wheezed out of your lungs like someone stepping on a whoopy cushion. Your heart rate was declining. He could almost hear it in the silence.

She will be saved.

The voice was trying to console him. Still goldie didn't want to listen. His eyes shut, head lowering, as he sniffled. Tears stung his eyes. Even if he knew the outcome thanks to the voice, it couldn't stop him from grieving. He's not sure such a fate would be worth it even if it saved you.

You'd be just like the others. He's never even sure that anyone will get their happiest day anymore. You're the key to that, and he always knew that was the truth. (He's always known more than he's led on. But that didn't stop his emotions.)

If I had been faster...

Goldie let out a shaky breath, feeling a stray tear escape his eye. He did everything he was supposed to. He's always held back from his true potential and now that he's here now stepping into the power the puppet bestowed upon him for a reason, he felt helpless.

He could hear the silence being disturbed now. Numerous voices all talking at once, urgent and worried as they entered the main party room. He was no longer alone with you.

"Where'd he go?" Bonnie's voice was loud, demanding to know where goldie had disappeared to.

"You don't think-" Chica gasped at a thought she had. She wasn't too far off in her conclusion.

Goldie released a sigh, straightening up so that he could rest you upon the cleared off table in the room. You looked like sleeping beauty, the way you laid there in a peaceful sleep. But upon closer inspection in the dimly lit room goldie knew better than to let himself believe that you were okay. Casting one final look towards you, he left the room.

"No...I couldn't." His voice startled everyone, even Vincent who lingered behind the group in silence. Everyone gazed upon goldie now, looking at the blood that stained his clothes with expressions of disbelief.
"She's in parts and services, I-"

His voice wavered unable to finish the sentence. He turned his head away from the others unwilling to let them see the tears that wanted to run down his face.

"Goldie." Freddy muttered his brothers name softly, about to step forward to comfort him. But the movement never came. He couldn't bring himself to get closer.

"I can't." Goldie scoffed at himself shaking his head before meeting everyone's gaze.
"I can't be the one to kill her."

"What if we helped?" Chica glanced around the boys nervously. Seeking their approval for her sudden suggestion. After all it was a heavy topic.
"I-I mean we all feel the same way, why don't we all share the guilt?"

"She has a point, I mean sure you're not always the nicest but (Y/N) saw something in you." Bonnie shrugged as he spoke only to flinch as Chica whacked him in the arm for his comment.

"I'm not sure," foxy fidgeted nervously, "I don't think we could do such a thing to the Lass."

It was quite again, after all what do you say in a situation like this? You were dying alone in that room, and the options for how to save you were running thin.