Chapter 8 Rembering Our Past

Key: (F/W/D) Favorite Warm Drink/like coffee, tea etc./
(F/E/C) Friend's Eye Color

The world felt quite, and yet so loud. As the sun set thunder rumbled across the sky signaling that a storm was in its way. It's cold, and as the night finally crept closer you were awake sitting on your couch knowing you'd have to work soon.

A sigh escaped your lips causing you to fall farther back into the couch clutching the mug tightly in your hand. So much was on your mind, so much to think about and yet...almost as if there's not enough time for it. Your eyes fluttered down to stare at the warm liquid in your mug.

It rippled with each movement you made and you found no contentment within your (F/W/D) like you normally would feel. So much has happened and yet it feels as though nothing has happened at all. You can't tell anyone, not even (B/F/N). You can't tell (him/her) about freddy, foxy, chica, bonnie, or goldie. Though the more you think of your friends one in particular makes your face heat up only slightly.

Shaking your head you dismissed the thought slowly lifting your gaze to see lightening flash just outside your windows. It wasn't long until the soft pitter of rain followed after its light, and then soon after a crackle of thunder letting you know the hit was a little way away.

"(Y/N)?" (F/N)'s voice startled you, making you jump and turn to look behind you in the process with an anxious heart.

It's only (F/N).

You tried to soothe your nervous thoughts. But it was hard not to be anxious after how this week has gone so far.

"Uh, hey, I thought you'd be asleep." You smiled a touch nervously, unable to keep your anxiety well hidden as you turned your body a bit to face (him/her/them). (F/N) eyed you a bit as if (he/she/they) were suspicious of you.

"What are you doing up still? I thought you were asleep." (F/N) raised an eyebrow at you as you glanced away.

"Yeah well, it's already pretty late and you know i gotta work night shifts so...I figured if just stay up you know?" You laughed a little.

"I've been wanting to talk to you about your new job." (F/N) sighed slowly walking over to sit beside you on the couch. You held your breath scooting to the side so that (he/she/they) could sit beside you.

You clutched you're mug a bit tighter in your hands feeling the blanket partially falling off your shoulders as you moved to the side. Hesitant (E/C) eyes met concerned (F/E/C) eyes.

"I'm worried about you," (F/N) spoke leaning forward slightly, "ever since you started this job you always come back looking so on edge. Is everything okay? You know you can always talk to me about anything that's bothering you right?"

(F/N) looked at you so worriedly and all you found you could do was sit there with a distant gaze now. You can't tell (him/her/them) the truth. You can't say what's on your mind or what's been happening. It's torture. Pure agony. Not being able to say a thing.

"Oh, nah! Nothings bothering me, it's just a lot of late work and I guess I'm more tired from it than I thought i would be." It was an excuse and you full heartedly knew it. You didn't want to lie to a friend but, in this case you knew you had to. None of them wanted you to reveal their secret. And you're afraid if you did, they'd never be free when that's all they want. To move on.

"Is that it?" (F/N) pressed on the subject more eyeing you more as if (he/she/they) knew you weren't telling the truth. You held your breath as you scrambled for an answer.

"Yeah, no big deal! Besides I'm a night owl anyway so it's no trouble." You waved your free hand as a way to dismiss the topic then took a sip of your (F/W/D).