Chapter SEVENTY-FIVE

Alexandrea's P.O.V

Days passed and I was finally discharged from the hospital. My mom picked me up along with my belongings and my friends promised to visit after I settle at home. I still had nightmares and ashes of what happened but I'm learning to cope better now.

I looked out the window as my mom drove past the beach. I missed going there. The way the water would sparkle under the reflection of the moon and the waves would crash against the shore, burying my feet deep into the fine sand. Something about it always had a way of calming me down.

"You want us to stop by?" My mom asked interrupting my thoughts. I looked away from the window, now focusing on her.

"The beach?" I asked and she nodded.

"Sure" I smiled as I watched her take a turn and park by the bamboo fence that surrounded the beach area. I took off my sneakers and left them in the car as I stepped out of the car, my mom following suit. She walked quietly behind me as I walked to the shore.

I got close enough to feel the waves crashing against my feet and a satisfying smile played on my lips. I missed this. A cold wind blew through my hair, removing my hair tie that was loosely holding my hair together, to the side.

I looked at the hair tie and my smile slowly faded.

Nick.

"There's something about this place that is so peaceful.Your dad always loved beaches too" she said and I looked back at her.

She smiled. "He would schedule most of our dates by the beach and make us play with the water. Somehow, I never got tired of it, instead I fell in love with it too. The view, the smell and basically everything about it" she narrated as she slowly sat on the sand, pulling her legs up to her chin.

I picked up the hair tie and put it around my wrist. Sitting beside her, I mirrored her sitting position. "I wish I knew him" I muttered as she chuckled, taking my palm in hers.

"I do too" She said and I rested my head on her shoulder. Silence followed and it was soothing. The sound of the waves crashing against the shore and the birds made me close my eyes.

"Why didn't you tell me?" My mom cut the silence. I raised my head up and looked at her, confused.

"Tell you what?"

"About what Axel did to you. Why didn't you tell me he touched you?" she asked, staring at the blue water ahead.

I kept quiet and stared at our interlocked fingers. I was ashamed. Hitting me was one thing but sexually harassing me was another thing entirely. Something that I just can't share no matter how it hurts.

"I want you to be able to tell me anything, Alex. I'm your mother" she faced me. I didn't stop staring at our hands. "Alex..." she dragged and used her other hand to lift my chin up.

"It's not exactly something that I should be proud of" I muttered.

"I know but none of it was your fault" she assured and I nodded, smiling at her.

"I love you, okay?" she pulled me into a hug. I hugged her back and slowly rubbed her back. "We should head home so you can get some rest" she separated us and stood up.

I stood up as well and dusted the sand off my jeans as I followed my mom. We got in the car and continued heading home, she turned on the radio and old songs from the 90s started to play and my mom somehow knew most of them.

We got home and started to unpack everything when my phone started to ring. I picked it and it was Bex.

"Hey babe" I said as I folded my clothes back into my closet.

"Heyy! Nick is awake!" she squealed into the phone and my eyes widened.

"Wait what?" I dropped my clothes and rushed down the stairs with the phone still glued to my ear.

"You heard me. Get your ass here now!" she said and I hung up, picking my coat and rushing towards the door. I shoved my phone in my back pocket. Shit!

My mom peeped from the kitchen in an apron and spatula. "Where to, young lady?" she yelled as she narrowed her eyes at me.

"Nick is awake, mom. I'll be right back!" I answered and rushed out the door.

I could feel my heart pump fast and my breath get heavier by the second as I hailed a cab. I got in and wore my coat. My stomach bubbled in excitement and I was impatient. He's awake. He's really awake.

"Could you please hurry?" I pleaded to the cab driver as he ignored me. I rolled my eyes and bit my nails as my leg continuously bounced against the stone colored carpet. I looked out the window and ran a hand through my hair, restlessly.

What will I say to him? I'm sorry? Thank you? I missed you? No, definitely no that. What if he doesn't want to see me? Should I turn back now? But what if he doesn't mind either? I'm freaking out. I breathed out slowly. Okay, let's calm down now. Whatever it is, we can't find out until we get there.

The cab pulled up to the hospital's garage and I quickly paid and stormed out of the cab, running into the hospital. I met Bex and the rest at reception, Daisy was there too. They smiled warmly at me and I walked over to them, squatting in front of Zoey.

"What happened? Why are you guys outside?" I asked, searching everyone's eyes.

"The nurse told us to wait a bit" Eddy answered and I nodded. I walked over to sit beside Eli, he shot me a reassuring smile and I smiled back.

"You okay?" he asked and I nodded.

"I'm fine. I'm just a bit nervous" I chuckled awkwardly. He raised an eyebrow, maintaining the smile.

"You'll be fine, there's nothing to be nervous about" he said and squeezed my hand, before returning his hand on his lap.

"Thank you" I said and sighed. Thing weren't as weird as I thought it would be with Eli although we still needed to talk.

A nurse walked over to us. "For Nicholas Hunter?" she asked and Daisy stood up as we followed suit.

"Yes" She answered as we all watched the nurse impatiently.

"You can go in"

This is it.

×××××××××××××××
07/08/2022