Proposal

Nya's POV

I was making food early in the morning simply because I couldn't sleep. Spencer woke up from bed to see what I was doing.

"Babe, why are you making food at 1 in the morning?" Spencer asks me in a sleepy voice.

"I couldn't sleep, you know I'm excited that Derek is coming back to work after like 3 weeks."

"It was actually 4 weeks and 3 days." Spencer says.

"Is it weird that I kinda like that you correct me?"

"That would certainly be unusual, no one likes when I do that. What are you cooking?" Spencer says.

"It's a Haitian dish, I haven't told you but I'm actually Caribbean, my father was Haitian, of course I didn't get to explore the full extent of my culture and I never really cared for it until now, especially after my brothers death. It just got me thinking you know."

"Wow what else are you hiding from me?"

I laugh nervously.

"Nothing." I say.

"do you know how to speak creole?" Spencer asks.

"Yeah, mwen pale yon ti kras."
Translation: I only speak a little bit.

Spencer looked confused when I said that. It was the first time I ever seen him look confused.

"Spencer, you understand Russian,  German, Latin, Korean, English, and a buttload of other languages and creole couldn't be on the list?" I ask

"Spencer, you understand Russian, German, Latin, Korean, English, and a buttload of other languages and creole couldn't be on the list?" I ask.

"Well I didn't really think I needed to learn it, but I'll definitely try now that you ask."

"Thanks babe." I said while giving him a kiss on the cheek.

"Are you gonna give me some of that food?" Spencer asks.

"Of course, it's done now anyway."

I took some food out for Spencer and I and put it on the dining room table. Spencer went to get some utensils from the kitchen.

"Babe can I tell you something?" I ask.

"Sure."

I put my arms around Spencer's neck.

"Mwen renmen ou anpil, ou se lanmou lavi mwen."

"What does that mean?" Spencer asks.

"It's mean I love you so much, you're the love of my life."

Spencer smiles at me.