Old and New (part 1)

Nya's POV

"I'm going to the store," Spencer said as he walked towards the door.

"You're not gonna ask if I want anything?" I ask.

"Am I obligated to?"

"Of course not, it's just you always ask me if I want anything, you've been doing that since we got married, are you ok?"

"Yeah, I'm fine. I'll be back soon."

"Ok, oh babe, I have a long-time friend from the CIA who is coming over later because she needs my help on a case, I just wanted to let you know."

"Ok, thanks," Spencer said before leaving.

Something was definitely up with Spencer but I won't force him to tell me what's wrong with him. I want him to come to me when he's ready.

Someone knocked on the door and I opened it to find serenity standing in our doorway.

"Do you guys have any food? I'm starving."

"Hi to you too, serenity," I said as I walked back to the couch.

"Mommy, can I go over to Pam's house for a play date?" Reina said as she walked out of her room.

"Who's Pam?" I asked

"She's one of Reina's best friends, I take her there all the time," Serenity replied.

"Oh, well Reina, serenity can take you."

"What? Why can't you take her?" Serenity asks

"I have a case I'm working on."

"I have things to do too. I was going to go see Derek today."

"Derek doesn't pay your bills, meaning you need to do the job that I give you."

"Fine, come on Reina."

"Bye, Mom," Reina said as she walked out with serenity.

"Bye, my love," I said.

A couple of minutes after they left, another person knocked at the door.

"Nya Griffin."

"Alex Daniels. It is so good to see you. It's been a long time. Come in and oh, and it's Reid now." 

"How was the wedding? I'm sorry I couldn't make it. You know I never thought you would actually change your name. You were never the type to let a guy bag you like that."

"The wedding was perfect and That is true but my husband is very special and he's amazing. There's no other man, I would want to be with."

"Well, he sounds great, where is he?" Alex asked.

"At the store, he went to go buy groceries"

"And your daughter?"

"She's at a play date."

"I still can't believe you're a mom. Everyone at the CIA never thought you would settle down, I mean you were the most badass agent we ever had in the history of the organization." Alex said.