Serenity

Nya's POV 

Serenity was practically family at this point. She has only been here a few months but Reina loves her. Sometimes Spencer and I would come home from work early and find Reina jumping for joy whenever she saw Serenity's face. It made me happy but it hurt knowing that she didn't have that same reaction whenever she saw me. I left her in the hands of someone else when she was really really young and she got the opportunity to bond with serenity more than she bonded with us and that just made me sad. 

"Are you ok?" Spencer said as I was looking over files for the case. 

"No, not really," I said. 

"Why, what's wrong?" 

"I've just been thinking a lot." 

"About Reina?" Spencer asked. 

I nodded. "When we came home early the other day, you should have seen the look on Reina's face when she saw serenity, she never gave me that look before," I said turning to him. 

"Ah, I see. You're jealous." 

"I'm not jealous, well ok maybe I am just a little bit, but she's our daughter Spence." 

"I know, How about this? We take some more vacation days?" 

"You know Hotch wouldn't allow that," I replied. 

"Maybe not, but we have to try. Reina's getting older and she needs her parents."  

"Yeah," I reply. 

Spencers POV

I head into Hotch's office while he was looking over some case files. 

"Hotch, I was wondering if Nya and I could take some more vacation days?" 

"You guys just took some vacation days," Hotch said. 

"I know sir but we really need it. We just had a baby and we need to spend that time with our daughter." 

"Ok" 

"That's it?" I ask. 

"Yes, that's it, I have a child of my own Reid, I know how difficult it can be at times, so yes ill give you guys more vacation days." 

"Thank you." 

"You're welcome, Close my door on the way out." 

Nya's POV 

Spencer and I decided to go home early to see Reina. I couldn't bear being at work anymore even though I know she's in good hands. 

I decided to talk to Serenity for a moment while Spencer was watching her. 

"You're not firing me are you?" Serenity asked. 

"No, I just wanted to talk to you. I've just been noticing that Reina takes such a liking to you and it's a good thing but- " 

"You want me to lay off her for a while so she can get used to her mother since she's pretty young still." Serenity said. 

"yes, exactly," I replied. 

"Mrs. Reid, I have absolutely no problem with that. I know how children are, they need to bond with their parents at critical ages like this one. She just reminds me a lot of my daughter." 

"You have a daughter?" I ask. 

"Had. She died a few months ago." 

"I'm so sorry. I can't even imagine. That must have been so hard. " I said. 

"It was." 

"How did she die?" I ask. 

"A hit and run. She was hit by a car and the car just drove right over her dead body. She died on impact." 

"Did they ever find the person who hit her?" I ask. 

"No." 

"I'm so sorry that happened to you, but I promise you this, I will help you find the person who killed your daughter." 

"Her case went cold a while ago, I doubt your gonna be able to find the person you killed her." 

"You obviously don't know Nya's range of abilities," Spencer said as he entered the conversation and stood beside me. 

" I could torture and kill the person for you if you wanted me to but unfortunately I'm not allowed to do that anymore but we will do everything in our power to help you," I said. 

Serenity didn't say anything, she just hugged me as if I was the first person willing to go out of their way to help her. 

"Thank you." She said while hugging me. 

"you're very welcome, trust me, you're in the best hands," I replied.