Career day (mini chapter)

Nya's POV 

Today is career day at Reina's School. Spencer and I were more than happy to take the day off to be there. 

"Next up is Dr.Reid and Mrs. Reid," said Reina's Teacher, Ms. Johnson. 

"Hi, everyone, I'm Nya Reid, this is my husband Spencer Reid, and we are both FBI agents," I told the class.

"What is an FBI Agent?" A student said. 

"It is a special type of law enforcement officer that works for the Federal government," I replied. 

"Yes, we are in a special unit called the behavioral analysis unit, or the BAU for short and in that unit, we analyze evidence and criminals behaviors in order to create profiles for serial criminals and to solve crimes," Spencer added. 

"That sounds so cool, so do you guys get shot at?" Another student asked. 

"Sometimes," I replied. 

Another kid raised their hand and asked "Mr.Reid, What made you want to become an FBI Agent?" 

"The challenge. I never thought I would be in the FBI, with my High IQ, there are plenty of things that aren't a challenge for me but the human mind is the biggest challenge of all. Learning and understanding how a criminal mind works is fascinating and I was up for the challenge." 

"OK kids, One last question, we need to wrap up the class." Ms.Johnson said. 

"What's your favorite part of your job?" Another student asked. 

"Working with my husband. That is one of the best things about the job and it's fun having my lifelong partner and best friend there with me." I answered. 

"Ok, Thank you guys so much for coming and all the other parents who came today. You may all be dismissed," Ms. Johnson said. 

Spencer's POV

"How do you think we did sweetie?" I asked Reina as we walked out of the classroom. 

"You guys were awesome up there," she replied. 

"Thank you, darling," Nya said. 

"Can we go get some ice cream?" Reina asked. 

"Sure," I replied.  

We drove all the way to Reina's favorite ice cream place, the island creamery, and got each of us our favorite ice cream cones. 

"There's no way she's sleeping in the back seat after eating an ice cream cone," Nya said. 

"What can I say, she's like her mother," I said.

"ok, that was just mean," Nya said while laughing. 

"Sorry, my love," I said with a smile on my face. 

"It's fine, spence. We are not going anywhere in this traffic."  

"Make yourself comfortable," I replied. 

"Babe, I've been wanting to talk to you about something."  

"Ok, what's on your mind?" I said. 

"I've been thinking about having another baby." 

"you almost made me choke on this ice cream cone," I said while coughing. 

"I'm sorry, it's just you know how much I love kids, plus I feel like Reina could use a sibling, I mean, of course, we'll let serenity know and everything but I've really been thinking about this."

"Are you absolutely sure you want another baby?" I asked. 

"I am, are you?"  

"I don't know, last time was traumatizing enough for the both of us in more ways than one," I replied. 

"I know, but I don't think I'm getting kidnapped anytime soon darling. I think we can really do this without the kidnapping and torture of course and why are you staring at me like that?" 

"Because you're beautiful and I'll have as many kids as you wanna have, and I'll help you and support you every step of the way," I said. 

"Thank you." 

Nya had a huge smile on her face. I love making her smile like that. It always makes my day.